TTC

For the temp placement of 'heated' threads and threads that generally breach forum guidelines.
Vahvempi

TTC

Post by Vahvempi » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Hi,
I'm posting in here for privacy and I think this relates to others EH, not just mine.

Say you were TTC and you had a friend who has one child but wanted more and you already have 3, would you yell her you were TTC?? Or just gently announce the PG??

mooki
Site Admin

Re: TTC

Post by mooki » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:15 pm

Depends on the relationship I had with this person. If it was someone I knew was having a difficult time conceiving, I would probably avoid saying anything unless the she asked. If its the sort of thing you would normally share with each other I possibly would. TBH unless asked, telling people whether we were TTC was never really topic of conversation LOL

Mummy woo!
Site Admin

Post by Mummy woo! » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:16 pm

I'd keep it to myself unless there was a reason to tell her.

Background - former friend complained endlessly to me about her morning sickness (which wasn't even that bad) after she knew we had a miscarriage and were desperately TTC (eventually became Oobiwoo). It was really painful and damaged the relationship beyond repair. You are better than that - kinder and more considerate.
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either

MamaMagoO?

Post by MamaMagoO? » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:24 pm

I agree with Mooki. Depends on what your relationship with her is like. If its the sort of thing you'd have shared with her if you didn't know she desperately wanted another baby I would tell her, but casually you know... only if it came up, I wouldn't go out of my way to tell her and make a big deal of it. If she is that sort of friend and you don't tell her it might sting a bit more when you tell her you're pregnant. If she is not that sort of friend I wouldn't tell her just because of her situation. But either way, as MW said, I am sure you will handle it with tact and kindness.
Little Magoo 07/08. Breastfed for 3yrs3mths.
Miss Magoo 10/11. Breastfed for 4yrs3mths.

AussieBritLu
Community Educator

Post by AussieBritLu » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:55 am

I didn't tell people we were trying to conceive but I did tell my friends who were desperately trying to have children of their own privately that I was pregnant....and I knew they would be upset etc but I'd rather they knew before it was announced to the world so they were able to deal with it better and I rarely mentioned it after that to them....but I agree with the others too.
DD1/2011 - FF
DS/2013 - BF 2yr4m. Weaned :-)
DD2/2016 - BF 21mths. Weaned :-/
Storked pseudo, lilypad & Vahvempi. Co-storked with Pelly for Jenbt85!
Storked by Giff for DS & Jenbt85 for DD2.

Andypandy

Post by Andypandy » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:58 pm

I would be honest if directly asked otherwise keep it to myself.

And if you get pregnant first, gently announce to her.
DS1: May 09 Breastfed 2y7m
DS2: Oct 2012 Breastfed 2y1m I am pretending he is weaned
DD: Feb 2015