NO wonder my mental health was ignored

Sexual, physical and/or emotional abuse can unfortunately enter our lives at any time. Many people suffered as a child, for others the abuse only enters their lives as adults. Sometimes it is our loved ones suffering. Often pregnancy or the birth of a child can trigger these events. Substance abuse often plays a part. Your situation may be such that you need to talk to your health professional, or the police, but just telling someone who will listen can be helpful. We are not trained experts in this area of life, but we offer this forum as a supportive environment for you if and whenever you need it. No matter whether the abuse is new to your life, if it happened years ago, or has been ongoing - we are here to listen. *Please remember this is a public forum when posting details about yourself and your situation.
mummymanda

NO wonder my mental health was ignored

Post by mummymanda » Sun May 13, 2018 2:49 pm

So DD1 long story short has had a decline in mental health over last few weeks. Came to a head today and we had to leave her home alone. Just had this convo with my mum.

Me: DD is in her moods and depressed (This is what has happened) don't think she should be home alone can she hang with you today.

Mum yep sure be there soon

Ring text text ring text no answer

Nearly 3 hrs later

Mum -yeah just got here.
Me- what she been doing
Mum - I dunno
Me- do you wanna just make sure she didn't take anything or have cuts on herself
Mum-What do you mean

I won't tell you the rest of the conversation suffice to say i now know why the obvious self harming signs I bore and quite open depression I had was completely ignored and untreated from the age of 7 till I left home. I have had this exact conversation with my mum many times and its continuously like I am having it for the first time.

Yes DD is seeing someone she refuses to put in the effort and or has not found someone she gels with. Will be speaking with CPS about finding someone more suited to her this week

Esther

Re: NO wonder my mental health was ignored

Post by Esther » Sun May 13, 2018 4:00 pm

Oh hugs mummymanda. That sounds so tough. Glad to hear you have a plan. Good luck xo
Esther
DD1 05, DS 08, BB 11, DD2 12
Storked by nat*4
Storked Ellie's Mum, foggylog, jessiemay, Ducks & nat*4

AussieBritLu
Community Educator

Re: NO wonder my mental health was ignored

Post by AussieBritLu » Sun May 20, 2018 9:27 pm

That sounds really difficult for you and dd!
DD1/2011 - FF
DS/2013 - BF 2yr4m. Weaned :-)
DD2/2016 - BF 21mths. Weaned :-/
Storked pseudo, lilypad & Vahvempi. Co-storked with Pelly for Jenbt85!
Storked by Giff for DS & Jenbt85 for DD2.