going to try to BF #2

Breastfeeding does not always work out, this is a place to discuss your situation and feelings
Kaizey

going to try to BF #2

Post by Kaizey » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:05 pm

I really need help!

I had my first baby 3 years ago. i tried extremely hard to breast feed but one of my breasts wasnt functional... i am not sure why as i was a single mum and had next to no help...

the breast i had trouble with is a whole cup size smaller than the functional one... my left breat is almost a b and my right is not even an A..

my fiance and i are looking at trying to conceive. i am really stressed that i wont last... i only breast fed my son for 3 weeks because my right breast was full but i couldnt get the milk out.... i couldnt even hand express or even use the hospitals pump....

i have been trying to research and read up on it as i am still lactating after not breast feeding for 3 years so i iknow the problem is still there... it is painfull and annoying... i can still hand express my left breast but my right continues to play up.....

Please help me i would really like to be better at breast feeding my second child.... :/

Also i had no noticable changes in my breasts during or after pregnancy... i hhad milk but i could only use one breast and it wasnt enough for DS.... :/
my son is 3 my fiance and i are both 23... <3

marie7

Post by marie7 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:52 pm

It's good to know that you can still breastfeed a child using only 1 breast if that is the case, if you can get to an aba support group near you before bub is born that would be so beneficial!! They welcome older kids too!! Also it might be beneficial getting in touch with a lactation consultant before bubs arrives. As you are still producing milk, that's a great sign! The lactation consultant might be able to pin point your problem. Good luck! And hang around here for support!!
DS APRIL 09 BF 2YRS DS2 FEB 12 BF
Number 3 on its way due 18 may!!
Fellare is storking me!! :)

Kaizey

Thanks

Post by Kaizey » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:18 pm

almost one hundred% sure there is no aba support group near me as i live in exmouth... regional WA so that makes it tough and as you arent alloud to have babies here i am guessing we dont have a LC either but since we get shipped to perth a couple of months before ur due date just incase ur premmy.... maybe i can see one as soon as i get there... but for not i might go and see my doc... see what he can tell me...

my son is 3 my fiance and i are both 23... <3

mooki
Site Admin

Post by mooki » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:26 pm

Hi Kaizey,

welcome!

Its great to hear you thinking in advance about how you would like things to go.

If you know you are definitely coming to perth when you do get pregnant and bub is due, you could book in for a Breastfeeding Education Class.

Living in Exmouth you would fall under the Isolated members - Northwest group. Im not 100% sure where they have meetings but if you type your [postcode in here, it will give you your local contact who can give you more details

https://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/public/local-group

You can always ring a counsellor and talk your situation through with them and debreif your last situation too. HTH a little

Gwen's Mum

Post by Gwen's Mum » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:43 pm

Just wanted to say 'hello' and welcome to the forum! And also to second what the other forumites have mentioned - if you felt comfortable with having a chat over the phone with a breastfeeding counsellor, that could be one way to talk through your first breastfeeding experience, and discuss any concerns you might have about breastfeeding second time around. If you don't feel comfortable talking over the phone, ABA also offers email counselling to members - you can find out more here: https://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/servic ... -nonmember

(Membership also gives you lots of other benefits, including a copy of the 'Breastfeeding...naturally' book - I know I referred to it a lot in the early days! :) )

If you're interested in finding out whether there might be an IBCLC available in your area, so that you can have a chat with them in preparation for bub #2, there's a national list accessible here:

http://www.ilca.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3337 (or go to www.lcanz.org and select Directories-FALC from the menu)

There's also a list of WA LCs here:
http://www.lactationwest.org.au (go to "Private Practitioners").

HTH! :)
Image Image

Welcome Daydreaming's DS! - 18 Sept '13
Welcome Feather's DS! - 27 Oct '13