when milk is gone

For discussion of issues related to breastfeeding an older baby/child
fellare

when milk is gone

Post by fellare » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:29 am

There's still some, ds still feeds many times a day, but he's not getting much! He wakes up starving and fighting me. He's being me for soy milk, which I don't like. I want him to have water and food mostly.

Any ideas on how to fill him up? Especially breakfast, which is a bit of a scream fest at the moment :oops:
Boobymonster weaned at 3.5yrs.
Ms Firestorm born august 2015
Whatever you perceive to believe, dream.... be free.... (eMDee)

Ronale
Counsellor

Re: when milk is gone

Post by Ronale » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:20 pm

I don't know, I think they just start to get it eventually. We're going through it with DS2 (nearly 2) at the moment though. I don't love the waking up angry at the world stuff at present. But I don't know how to force more into him at night.
Unless you were to try a midnight snack of some kind? Not sure if that's a habit you want to promote though :?
DS 06.10
DS2 01.13
DS3 07.15 Storked by the fantabulous moOKI

fellare

Post by fellare » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:40 pm

Weer both sleep through! I'm going to buy some yogurt and corn flakes, at least that's super quick. Might start doing Chia pudding as well, I'm sure you can make that the evening before
Boobymonster weaned at 3.5yrs.
Ms Firestorm born august 2015
Whatever you perceive to believe, dream.... be free.... (eMDee)

Ronale
Counsellor

Post by Ronale » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:59 pm

chia pudding is yummy for breakfast. I used to cook up a raspberry coulis with it which made it almost dessert like! but you could add any fruit to make it a little less bland
DS 06.10
DS2 01.13
DS3 07.15 Storked by the fantabulous moOKI

Mummy woo!
Site Admin

Post by Mummy woo! » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:07 pm

Mine both wake up starving - I'm sure that is half the reason they wake so early. I can tell the difference when they have had a good dinner which they often don't because they are too tired by the end of the day.

What about bircher musli - oats, fruit juice and whatever extras you want to add (nuts, seeds etc) - you could put it on to soak the night before and it would be ready in the morning.
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either