Encourage me to keep going

For discussion of issues related to breastfeeding an older baby/child
Baby Blue Eyes

Encourage me to keep going

Post by Baby Blue Eyes » Sun May 22, 2016 3:56 pm

dd is 2 1/2 and I'm starting to get tired of breastfeeding. I have been b/f continual without break for 9 1/2 years and I'm currently having breastfeeding aversion big time and it seems different than other times I have had it - longer and more intense. I just don't want to do it anymore but I did feed the boys until the age of 4 - ds3 is still having the odd feed and will be 5 next month and then I'm cutting him off completely - currently been slowly weaning - but he just wants to cuddle my boobies all the time as well and I just want my boobies for me :lol:

Give me some encouragement to keep going for DD
DS1 - b/f 4 yrs
DS2 - b/f 3yrs 11mths
DS3 - B/F 4yrs 10 mths

AussieBritLu
Community Educator

Re: Encourage me to keep going

Post by AussieBritLu » Sun May 22, 2016 4:19 pm

You can do it......hopefully the aversion will pass sooner rather than later so you can get back to enjoying breastfeeding.

(Congrats on reaching this far with her.....I weaned DS at 2y4m because I was over breastfeeding)
DD1/2011 - FF
DS/2013 - BF 2yr4m. Weaned :-)
DD2/2016 - BF 21mths. Weaned :-/
Storked pseudo, lilypad & Vahvempi. Co-storked with Pelly for Jenbt85!
Storked by Giff for DS & Jenbt85 for DD2.

~WildChild~

Post by ~WildChild~ » Sun May 22, 2016 4:52 pm

I understand! DD weaned less than a month after my miscarriage, aged 4y9m. The boys fed until 5. I'd been breastfeeding, including 2 & a bit pregnancies & tandeming twice, for 10 years.
I was sad but kind of grateful she weaned & my hormones were totally nuts. That could've been the mc or stopping feeding, who knows.
Is she still feeding a lot? Could you cut her down to once a day, or only feed when she asks, assuming that's not every 5 min?
DS1 2006 - breastfed for 5 years
DS2 2009 - breastfed for 5 years
DD 2011 - breastfed for 4 years 9 months
Angel baby 2016
Storking ClOuD_NiNe

Mummy woo!
Site Admin

Post by Mummy woo! » Sun May 22, 2016 5:25 pm

WIldchild is on to something, I think. Maybe some more 'rules' around breastfeeding would help you feel like they are 'your' breasts? Duration, location, how she asks, frequency? Which aspect is bugging you the most?
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either

ClOuD_NiNe

Post by ClOuD_NiNe » Sun May 22, 2016 8:06 pm

Agree with the others regarding rules! It's the only way I could continue to feed DD this long. She only has a feed at nap time occasionally, any more than that and I go crazy.
DS July 11 - bf for 10 months
Storked by the lovely mooki
~WildChild~ was my storker

Baby Blue Eyes

Post by Baby Blue Eyes » Sun May 22, 2016 9:26 pm

Mummy woo! wrote: Which aspect is bugging you the most?
with ds3 wanting to touch them and cuddle them. Sometimes he even just comes up to me jumps up and hits both of my boobs. I keep explaining it isn't nice behaviour. The worst with the cuddling is I know he finds comfort in it but I can't stand it

With dd it is the hand constantly going down my shirt, she is feeding for confidence every time we go anyway even if she has been there every week for her whole life

it isn't really the breastfeeding but the other behaviour. DD will remove her hand if I ask to but moments lately it is sneaking back in. I just have to continue with getting the kids to listen
DS1 - b/f 4 yrs
DS2 - b/f 3yrs 11mths
DS3 - B/F 4yrs 10 mths

Mummy woo!
Site Admin

Post by Mummy woo! » Sun May 22, 2016 11:09 pm

Baby Blue Eyes wrote:
Mummy woo! wrote: Which aspect is bugging you the most?
with ds3 wanting to touch them and cuddle them. Sometimes he even just comes up to me jumps up and hits both of my boobs. I keep explaining it isn't nice behaviour. The worst with the cuddling is I know he finds comfort in it but I can't stand it

With dd it is the hand constantly going down my shirt, she is feeding for confidence every time we go anyway even if she has been there every week for her whole life

it isn't really the breastfeeding but the other behaviour. DD will remove her hand if I ask to but moments lately it is sneaking back in. I just have to continue with getting the kids to listen
Yeah - I get how that would be annoying! Have you got 'Everybody's got a bottom'? Family Planning Qld produced it a few years ago and it is about protective behaviours for kids, but with a great slogan 'from my head to my toes, I can say what goes'. It helped my kids learn that it was OK for me to say 'no' to them and stop treating mummy like a jungle gym.
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either