Weaned and in terrible mood...

How, when and why to introduce foods other than breastmilk
Beck_and_bubs

Weaned and in terrible mood...

Post by Beck_and_bubs » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:22 pm

Hi forum ladies. Been a while so I thought I would fill you in on the latest.

DS is 2.5 and I would say he's weaned with the use of warm milk and honey and the occasional chocolate button. :)

I was just over it. Wanted my body back. Wanted sleep to improve. It hasn't but DH is finally on board and does all the night wakings. DH wanted my body back too!

it has happened quite quickly and I am surprised how my boobs have coped. No soreness or lumps. And overnight they have become flat as pancakes. :(

One side effect of the oxytocin come down is a terrible mood. I feel so angry at the moment. With everyone. And it's not pmt time either. Oh and I can't sleep. I lay awake feeling hot, tired and grumpy.

I guess that will pass. Hopefully along with the mood swings and pimples. But overall I am happy he's weaned. We both had a cry two days ago when he asked for "num nums" and I said they were all finished. But we are moving on.

Thanks for all your help along the way. I wouldn't have extended it for so long if this forum and it's members hadn't been there.

X

Feebes

Re: Weaned and in terrible mood...

Post by Feebes » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:28 pm

Hi B & B!

Yes, I also found that I was in grumpy and sad after DD2 had weaned at around the same age.

Hope that its very short lived for you, and to go back to your normal self again.

Like you, if it wasn't for this forum I don't think that I would of breastfed for so long either, or actually breastfeed at all!

Feebes
DD 02
DS 05
DD2 2010

ClOuD_NiNe

Post by ClOuD_NiNe » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:49 pm

Congrats on breastfeeding for so long! Sounds like the weaning process was relatively smooth.
DS July 11 - bf for 10 months
Storked by the lovely mooki
~WildChild~ was my storker

just_alice

Post by just_alice » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:44 pm

Well actually compared to everyone I know you have breastfed for a really long time. Lookss like the transition back is going well - congrats on this.
Keep us posted - always nice to hear your updates