Think it might be the end

How, when and why to introduce foods other than breastmilk

Think it might be the end

Postby Me&co » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:35 pm

My son is 14 months old and after some supply issues at 3 months he is still having one breastfeed a day in the mornings and the occassional feed during the day or night if he is really unsettled. For the last week he is becoming less and less interested in his morning feed. I am currently 14 weeks pregnant and I have read that the milk can change in pregnancy and toddlers may notice the difference and decide to wean. I am not ready to completely give up on breastfeeding and was wondering if anyone else has found there toddler wanting to self wean when you've become pregnant again? I would love any advise to keep breastfeeding.
Me&co

Re: Think it might be the end

Postby strolltotheshops » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:01 pm

There's some great info on the ABA website here https://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bf-info/breastfeeding-through-pregnancy-and-beyond.
I've fed babies and toddlers of various ages through pregnancy. Some have fed consistently all the way through and some have reduced their feeds while I've been pregnant and come back to more frequent feeding when my milk supply has increased after the birth.
The books Adventures in Tandem Nursing and Mothering Your Nursing Toddler are also lovely. Mothers Direct used to sell them but I haven't checked if it still does.
strolltotheshops

Return to Introducing Solids & Weaning