associating food with hunger?

How, when and why to introduce foods other than breastmilk
Post Reply
User avatar
fellare
Posts: 7407
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:59 am
Location: here
Contact:

associating food with hunger?

Post by fellare » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:57 pm

when do babies start to realise that food is there to stop the hunger. In the last couple of days S has been upset, didn't want boob, didn't want toys, didn't even want the phone, but stopped crying once I gave him food. Bit puzzled by this behaviour. Hes done it a few times now.


He's 10 months tomorrow. my milk supply is back to normal again.
Boobymonster weaned at 3.5yrs.
Ms Firestorm born august 2015
Whatever you perceive to believe, dream.... be free.... (eMDee)

User avatar
Mummy woo!
Site Admin
Posts: 13644
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:23 am
Location: NSW

Post by Mummy woo! » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:52 pm

I'd say about now then!

A one year old who is fed on demand should still be getting about 90% nutrition from breastmilk - so that leaves 10% for food. And he obviously knows his own mind - like sometimes I feel like eggs and sometimes I want pasta for tea.

Plus let's not forget the new found pleasure of demanding something (anything) and getting it!

Lots of developmental things going on at this age. Have fun :-D
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either

User avatar
fellare
Posts: 7407
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:59 am
Location: here
Contact:

Post by fellare » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:47 am

yeah, I don't think he gets much nutrition from food. I was just surprised he's demanding it now. But it could be the whole "I want" thing. He's also started to get angry when I won't give him my phone or pen or whatever is not a toy that I have and he wants. It's hilarious!

developing at amazing speed yet again, it sure is another wonder week. He discovered he like drawing this morning, insisted on using the pen I forgot to put away to draw on a bit of paper! I'm so proud of my little man. :-D
Boobymonster weaned at 3.5yrs.
Ms Firestorm born august 2015
Whatever you perceive to believe, dream.... be free.... (eMDee)

Post Reply