Is it normal?

How, when and why to introduce foods other than breastmilk
deniablyme

Is it normal?

Post by deniablyme » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:06 pm

To be a little grumpy after weaning? DS2 hasn't had a feed since Tuesday afternoon, and I've turned into a crankypants... only about halfway through my cycle, so it's not PMS :lol:

kiwimum

Post by kiwimum » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:17 pm

i think so I know I was a little sad after my daughter weaned not sure how I will be once my son weans he had been feeding more than a year longer
breastfeeding journey is now over breastfed for 19 months plus 4 years and 4 months

fellare

Post by fellare » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:31 pm

your hormones change, so, I guess that would make you a little grumpy.
Boobymonster weaned at 3.5yrs.
Ms Firestorm born august 2015
Whatever you perceive to believe, dream.... be free.... (eMDee)

breastfeedingisnormal
Counsellor

Re: Is it normal?

Post by breastfeedingisnormal » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:32 am

deniablyme wrote:To be a little grumpy after weaning? DS2 hasn't had a feed since Tuesday afternoon, and I've turned into a crankypants... only about halfway through my cycle, so it's not PMS :lol:

Totally normal. The breastfeeding hormones help mothers *want* to care for their kids. The withdrawal from them can be rough. When DD weaned at 40months, I had been pregnant or breastfeeding for like 7 years. For a few months after her last feed I really struggled to even like any of my kids :lol:. I remember asking my counsellor friends how it was going to be possible for me to mother without the mothering hormones (there may have been tears 8) ). It passed. I love them now. :wink:
Breastfeeding Counsellor
Cert IV BE (Community & Counselling)
Cert IV TAA
PhD
Mum 2 J18 N15 E13

jessles
Location: Just ask hubby..... he'll tell you I'm in forum land

Post by jessles » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:04 am

I get grumpy in the middle of the cycle around ovulation as well

deniablyme

Re: Is it normal?

Post by deniablyme » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:12 pm

breastfeedingisnormal wrote:I really struggled to even like any of my kids :lol:.

That's kinda where I'm at, really I just want to be left alone, and god forbid if one of the kids touch me...I am really glad to hear that it should pass, was starting to worry about my mental health 8)

Jessles, I should be in the "calm" part of my cycle, inbetween ovulation and pms kicking in.