Night weaning

How, when and why to introduce foods other than breastmilk

Re: Night weaning

Postby DigDig » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:25 pm

almost 2 year old still wakes about 4 times a night. We had started to try and night wean really gently and managed to get her back to sleep a few times without a feed.

But. .. then I got pregnant and almost settling strategies went out the window because of bad morning sickness. Trouble is feeding really hurts now. She often ends up in our bed at some point in the night and then just latches and keeps using the sucking to keep sleeping.

I know i need to night wean. Just takes energy which i don't have much of now. Dh can help a little with earlier settles but after midnight he needs sleep. Really want to wean now.

She only feeds when she wakes at night and in the morning, so it's really only a resettle thing with her i think.

Don't know the point of this post. Just got to try i suppose.
DD - BF 23 months 4 1/2yrs
DD2 - BFeeding

Re: Night weaning

Postby AussieBritLu » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:42 pm

Have you thought about wearing something she can't get access to your boobs?

I hear Ya on the painful feeding though....DS who is also two hurts me when he feeds now....he's getting his 2 yr molars.....I usually just detach him and hide my boob away and tell him if he creates that milk is all gone...or no more milk...he usually whinges and bites me or headbutts me but he usually settles down after a little while.....
DD1/2011 - FF
DS/2013 - BF 2yr4m. Weaned :-)
DD2/2016 - BF 21mths. Weaned :-/
Storked pseudo, lilypad & Vahvempi. Co-storked with Pelly for Jenbt85!
Storked by Giff for DS & Jenbt85 for DD2.
Community Educator

Return to Introducing Solids & Weaning