0 - 12 weeks - great starting place for Mums with a new baby

For discussion of issues that arise in the early days of breastfeeding
dellywatts
Counsellor

Post by dellywatts » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:12 am

Yeah my lo doesn't want to be put down either, half expected it though cos DD1 and DS were like that too. Hug a bub was a saviour with having to get up and do things with a toddler. I am yet to use it with DD2 though, she doesn't mind the car capsule so I just pop her in that or she will go down in the bassinet if on her side and snuggled in. I'm sitll using dvds and tv a fair bit for my older two or just popping them outside to run around (although today is so miserable and rainy).

I hope you feel better soon meals, this crappy weather doesn't help. E and H both have snotty noses and A is a bit snuffly.
I imagine stress and what your body has been through meals would impact how quick your milk comes in :( Are you getting some more support from those around you?

Marymay, how is your little one going and how are you feeling?
DD1 ~ 9/2007
DS ~ 2/2009 bf for just over 4 yrs
DD2 ~ 3/2011 bf for nearly 2 yrs
DD3 ~ 12/2013 bfing

meals

Post by meals » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:59 am

I've got a friend staying for a couple of days then my mums coming to stay. My dad has been great as usual :)

Oh and the lovely giggles and her girls are coming today :-D
DS1 2/5/09 BF for 21 months
DS2 6/4/11 Boob Mad

dellywatts
Counsellor

Post by dellywatts » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:16 pm

Little miss autumn was a squirmy, feeding machine last night and also did a lot of spews and a poo we had been waiting 3 days for so I didn't get much sleep last night. Hoping for a better night tonight.

How's everyone and their little bubba going?
DD1 ~ 9/2007
DD3 ~ 12/2013 bfing

mrsbexie

Post by mrsbexie » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:38 pm

I just realised I no longer belong in this thread... :(
ImageImage

Me (24) DH (26)
DD Charlotte 03/01/2011

meals

Post by meals » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:24 am

I have a snuffly bubba that spews anywhere from 1 - 4 times a feed :( I'm really hoping the spewing stops once the cold is gone! DS1 was never a spewer, a very unsettled high needs bub, never a spewer though. The amount of washing is unbelievable!
DS2 6/4/11 Boob Mad

dellywatts
Counsellor

Post by dellywatts » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:22 am

meals wrote:I have a snuffly bubba that spews anywhere from 1 - 4 times a feed :( I'm really hoping the spewing stops once the cold is gone! DS1 was never a spewer, a very unsettled high needs bub, never a spewer though. The amount of washing is unbelievable!
Yep gots me another chucker too. I use a cloth nappy where DD lays in bed to save my sheets and a spare pj top for me handy so I can just swap tops in the middle of the night.
DD1 ~ 9/2007
DD3 ~ 12/2013 bfing

Marymay

Post by Marymay » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:57 am

It's strange to think that I've had my baby but I'm not doing the 'normal' mothering things like feeding her and having sleepless nights with a newborn. It certainly is a weird mothering experience and it's the bl00dy second time I've done it! I'm okay with it as I'm not going to get all upset by it and I know that my time will come soon. I try to look at that I got to meet her early but I won't get to have until her due date anyway.

I've been expressing for her and my milk supply is good but im getting over it a bit already as I feel so tied to the pump. I've got plenty if milk so a fair bit of the pumping is just to keep my supply up as I know that she will never drink it all. Anyway it's not too bad as the mother of the baby next to dd3 struggles to get enough for her lo and it's a huge stress for her.

Jemma is ace and doing all the right things. She is up to full feeds for her weight and is very settled. DH goes in the mornings and I go in the afternoons which is working really well as too much time sitting in the hospital does your head in and it means that my other girls don't have to hang around the hospital.
Thank you ABA forum for all the love and support when my girls where young. My little premie girls are all grown up now!

athome

Post by athome » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:26 pm

Hi girls its so lovely to be able to "transition" with you all into this thread. Ive been home for 2 nights now and Mason is still pretty confused about day and night. He wakes between 10pm and 3am and is very noisy so I have to stay up with him in the lounge room to avoid keeping everyone else awake :roll: thats a bit tricky but hes sooo worth it :lol: . Hes having the usual wind struggles and my breasts have blown up from a b cup to cantaloupe size :roll: ouch and hard like bowling balls. Hes gaining 80gm a day so he cant possibly fit anymore in there :shock: .

Im so happy to hear everyone is coping well and im really looking forward to celebrating the day you take your tiny princess home marymay.

Hugs to all

Ari's Mum

Post by Ari's Mum » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:05 pm

mrsbexie wrote:I just realised I no longer belong in this thread... :(
I feel your pain with DS2 being 14 months :(
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

Storked Norrie and proudly storked by Terramommy...

meals

Post by meals » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:41 am

Hello Athome glad to hear your milks come in nicely and mason is stacking it on :-D

My LO still has a cold :( he's almost two weeks old now and has had a cold since birth. Poor little thing won't know himself when he can breath through his nose properly. Luckily he's still feeding well and putting on weight.

My milk is very minimal due to the PPH, cold and stress so I'm whacking him on the boob every chance I get. I'm never engorged or full and I barely noticed my milk coming in apart frOm the fact I could see there was white milk!
DS2 6/4/11 Boob Mad

athome

Post by athome » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:10 am

Oh Meals thats crappy :( Im so proud of you for pushing through though its really hard feeding when they have a blocked nose but from birth makes it really tough.
FWIW I have found when they have a blocked nose having some eucalyptus oil on a cloth nearby helps a bit or if it gets really bad I hop in the bath or shower with them with the door closed so its steamy and feed in there.
How are you feeling now I bet the PPH really felt like it took the last of what you had left but when you get through this everything will seem so easy and you'll have a renewed strength you didnt know existed. Im betting very soon youll be back riding the crest of the wave moving forward with a stronger and better life. Hang in there its going to get better really soon.

meals

Post by meals » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:16 am

Well I think my easy baby has decided he wants to be just like his high needs big bro :roll: I can't put him down AT ALL!

I think I'm going to cry :cry:

Was really hoping for the easy baby this time around. Last night the longest stretch of sleep he gave me was two hours!

And I've turned into the most angry mean mummy to DS1. Really not coping with two on my own.
DS2 6/4/11 Boob Mad

Marymay

Post by Marymay » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:45 am

Oh meals, that sounds like such hard work with being and having a bubba that needs to be close to you all the time.

Jemma has reached a big milestone...she is out of the humdicrib and is wearing clothes YEAH!!!!! :-D

She looks so much more like a snuggy baby now and it's so much easier looking after now that she's in a cot. All this stuff you just take for granted, but when it finally happens to Jemma it's just so exciting. It is getting harder to leave her everyday as I just want to be with her all the time so I can snugg her all day.
Thank you ABA forum for all the love and support when my girls where young. My little premie girls are all grown up now!

Hippie

Post by Hippie » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:14 pm

Anyone else around in here???
DS1-8yrs-breastfed for 19mths & 11 days
DS2-5yrs-breastfed for 2yrs, 2mths, 2wks (HBAC)
Our angel baby Sept 13- 13 weeks

dellywatts
Counsellor

Post by dellywatts » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:36 pm

Just left :( My bubba is already 13 weeks :shock:
How's everything going Hippie?
DD1 ~ 9/2007
DD3 ~ 12/2013 bfing