How can I help him gain weight?

For general issues related to breastfeeding
Merry

How can I help him gain weight?

Post by Merry » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:34 pm

So Ds is 6 months and has just weighed in at 5.7kg which is below the bottom of the chart and less than a kg more than he was at 3 months :( he feeds every three hours or so in the day and tends to refuse when I try to feed him more often or will only suck for 30 seconds and not be interested, and feeds all night long. He has a bad posterior tongue tie that was revised at 9 weeks but still hasn't really got the best latch. He also had reflux that improved after his tongue was done. He has enough wet nappies a day and is a super happy baby generally but he just isn't growing :( he also hasn't pood in about 10 days and we started solids this week but he still hasn't pood.
I think he's getting enough milk it just isn't good enough and I don't know what to do
DS1 2002
DD1 2010
DD2 2012
DS2 2016

ClOuD_NiNe

Re: How can I help him gain weight?

Post by ClOuD_NiNe » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:16 pm

Hi Merry, have you tried calling the helpline or spoken to anyone else about it? It sounds like possibly the tongue tie might still be affecting things. In which case it may be better to see a health professional in person, one who is experienced with breastfeeding and TT (a GP or IBCLC?). If you call the helpline a counsellor can go through things with you in a bit more detail to help you work out what's going on, and refer you to someone if necessary.
DS July 11 - bf for 10 months
Storked by the lovely mooki
~WildChild~ was my storker