breastfeeding & peroid question

For general issues related to breastfeeding
kristen83

breastfeeding & peroid question

Post by kristen83 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:06 pm

Is it possible to get your peroid back for one month and then don't get it again for awhile? I have breastfed all of my kids until they were 2, but once I got my peroid back It continued to get it every month, this is my 4th baby and I got my peroid back last month (I'm still breastfeeding) but now its over week late, pregnacny test is showing neg. I have read a few pages saying that you can get it once and then not again for a few months, but when I spoke to a midwife she said once you get it, then you will get it every month,
so i'm confused, any help would be appricated :)

Jenbt85

Re: breastfeeding & peroid question

Post by Jenbt85 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:50 pm

My daughter is four months old. I had a period at ten weeks then nothing since! I'm glad of the break but it is unsettling :)
DS - bf 18.5 months (565 days)!
DD - breastfeeding

Storked by the fabulous forumites: AussieBritLu and PellyintheWilderness

Openly storking AussieBritLu

serenity now

Post by serenity now » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:08 am

The midwife is wrong. It's common to have irregular periods when they first return whilst breastfeeding. I had a period every three months when my periods returned when my eldest was 14 months. I had 3 periods between them returning and falling pregnant when he was 23 months. With my 3rd, my cycle didn't return until he was 20 months and they were all over the place. Two in one month, then 6 weeks between one and the next. It was annoying and continued like that until he was 25 months. I the fell pregnant when he was 28 months.

Francessun

Post by Francessun » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:01 am

kristen83 wrote:Is it possible to get your peroid back for one month and then don't get it again for awhile? I have breastfed all of my kids until they were 2, but once I got my peroid back It continued to get it every month, this is my 4th baby and I got my peroid back last month (I'm still breastfeeding) but now its over week late, pregnacny test is showing neg. I have read a few pages saying that you can get it once and then not again for a few months, but when I spoke to a midwife she said once you get it, then you will get it every month,
so i'm confused, any help would be appreciated :)
Hello kristen83, my period was very unstable while breastfeeding, it appeared and disappear again... it is normal.
And one day it comes back regularly, don't worry!
Enjoy your baby :)

Stayhomemummabear

Post by Stayhomemummabear » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:26 pm

Everybody is different, I wouldn't stress too much over it, the human body is a fickle thing! And I'm sure no one really completely understands all the reasons for our bodies doing such weird, wonderful, annoying things lol. Our bodies can take a bit of time falling back into sync after pregnancy and breastfeeding.