Breastfeeding & Fertility

For general issues related to breastfeeding

Breastfeeding & Fertility

Postby HippyMumma » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:18 pm

Hi all :smt006

I am wondering if many in the 1.5years plus age group are still breastfeeding frequently and if so, has your cycle returned?

LO is almost two and breastfeeds approx 8-12 tines in 24 hours including some overnight feeds (other days when we’re busy they’ll go 8 hours without a feed so it’s more for comfort and sleep plus for food issues our dietician wants us to continue until minimum two if possible).

I’m getting a bit impatient for my cycle to return, I’d love to try for a second but am sure it’s not worth stressing over while he’s feeding so much. I don’t want to wean because I know it will be incredibly difficult and LO is SLOWLY reducing feeds naturally anyway - but I’m feeling that maybe after two I might set some firmer boundaries and try to establish longer blocks between feeds without weaning completely.

Has anyone been through this?

I know some women need to wean completely but I am hoping I don’t need to!
•<• HippyMumma •>•
HippyMumma

Re: Breastfeeding & Fertility

Postby ClOuD_NiNe » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:43 am

Hi there! Everyone is different but here is my experience...

My daughter fed roughly every 2 hours around the clock from birth. At 19 months I couldn't cope with the nighttime feeds anymore so night weaned her. About a month later I also cut her day feeds down to 3 (morning, nap and bedtime). My cycles didn't return until she was 26 months. A few months later we were down to just a naptime feed and I got pregnant with her younger sister. I was hoping the night weaning would kick start things but it didn't happen that fast.
DS July 11 - bf for 10 months
Storked by the lovely mooki
~WildChild~ was my storker
ClOuD_NiNe

Return to General Issues