So this is where it gets grey.

Area for moderators and administrative team to discuss a possible electronic ethics guidelines. This discussion is discussion only and does not indicate Board endorsement of any further guidelines

Moderator: monkeyboyzmum

Andrew's Mum
Site Admin

So this is where it gets grey.

Post by Andrew's Mum » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:15 pm

I moved this because I thought that it was a contravention around the brand names/ hint thing. http://www.lrc.asn.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=72291

However, many people clearly didn't think that. That's fine :-) But can we have a discussion about what does or doesn't make it a contravention so we could possibly clear this up for guidelines?
Mummys breast make milk
Special milk for me

breastfeedingisnormal
Counsellor

Post by breastfeedingisnormal » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:01 pm

Good decision, I'd say. Even though I posted in it and edited one post ... I wasn't keen to take a hatchet to it as I should have.
n
Breastfeeding Counsellor
Cert IV BE (Community & Counselling)
Cert IV TAA
PhD
Mum 2 J18 N15 E13

Bailey's Mum
Counsellor

Post by Bailey's Mum » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:44 pm

I was going to post something on chat this morning about it - I agree - in the "old" days it would have passed, but in the current climate, it was too close to the wind for even my liking (and I've been known to drop a few pretty obvious brand name hints myself). How hard is it for someone to send a PM saying "Cadbury make a Freddo cake" - much easier than sitting there figuring out "there's one named after a famous chocolate frog, in a purple box, at the supermarkets that are red, green and not German."

ANd I've never seen an ice cream cake at Maccas - despite being what they call a "frequent flyer" :oops: - maybe it's a birthday party special...
DS1 born sleeping
DS2 BF 2y2m (using supply line)
DS3 BF 2y2m2w2d (because we like patterns - 9 months with SNS)
DS4 BF 3y10m3w4d (8 months with SNS)