Eeeek! *updated 23/4, pg 2*

For information and resources about donor breast milk.
Monicat

Post by Monicat » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:36 pm

I hope it goes really well for you, is there any way you can ask to see the article before it goes to print, that way you could ask for any changes you think necessary if they are portraying you in a negative way.

I say best of luck, can't wait to read the article and you will give a human face as someone feeding your baby donor milk, so people might give it a bit more thought that maybe that would be an option for them rather than having to FF :)

Feather

Post by Feather » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:10 am

She emailed the q's to me today. The story will look at the novel way in which social media is being used by mothers to donate and source breastmilk.

She is interviewing mother's who are using and donating breastmilk.

She'll be asking the AMA for comment

Should I suggest contacting the ABA for comment as well?

I'm going to reply the questions over the long weekend so I can take my time while DH is here to entertain the kiddies. Otherwise my only two handed typing time is late at night when my brain is fuzzy.

Hmm, is it ok that I'm posting this here (what she's said to me via email)?
Breastfeeding with IGT, that's me!
DD1 - Nov08
DD2 - Oct10
DS - Oct13

foxforcefive
Counsellor

Post by foxforcefive » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:51 pm

Good on you for agreeing to this! It's a wonderful thing you are doing by sharing your personal story with complete strangers.

And I think it is a great idea that you suggest they contact the ABA for a view - PM me if you want contact details to pass on.
Wifey to 1 and mummy to 2
"If you asked me what I came into this world to do, I will tell you - I came to live out loud.” Emile Zola

mimma

Post by mimma » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:23 am

Oh, how exciting!! I would be like you, excited and a bit apprehensive. Also, like you I would be posting here all the questions and answers... What a great resource of experts (yourself included) we have here! :D

:smt049 Django has arrived! :smt049

deniablyme

Post by deniablyme » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:32 am

Just my opinion but if by participating in this, if it opens options for just one person who is struggling with supply issues, then that must be worth more than any negative comments that may arise.

I know for me, if I had been aware of donor milk then all of my children would have been breastfed, and my youngest would never have been supplemented with formula because of poor growth.

Be the pebble that starts the ripple.....

:-D

Feather

Post by Feather » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:12 am

Well looks like I'm too late. She published the story today.

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/wellbei ... 1drhf.html

It's good though, nice to see a positive attitude in the media :-)

Only reason I knew is that a fb friend posted it this morning. I've emailed her to see if she still wants me to answer questions. Oh well, hopefully there will be more oportunities (and I'll be a bit quicker).
Breastfeeding with IGT, that's me!
DD1 - Nov08
DD2 - Oct10
DS - Oct13