How can I mark everything as read?

Post any questions or concerns you may have regarding this forum here. Or you can PM the moderators or Admin directly
Jan

How can I mark everything as read?

Post by Jan » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:23 pm

Hi there - I want to mark everything as read so whenever I next visit it just shows the posts since then... IYKWIM? The old one did this automatically and I do not want to keep visiting the same sections thinking there are new posts when there are only new posts in threads I do not want to read. Oops, that sounds a bit harsh, I don't mean it that way but eg I do not have a slow cooker and am not interested in reading anything in there....

mooki
Site Admin

Re: How can I mark everything as read?

Post by mooki » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:31 pm

Do you mean the 'view new posts' button? I think once you have viewed a thread, the little circle on the left of it goes blue with black lines in the middle so you know youve viewed it. When theres a new post you havent viewed, the circle and lines go red. Does that help?

Parla.
Counsellor

Post by Parla. » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:40 pm

On the front page of the forum (so not when you have already searched for new or unread posts) there is a link on top right called "mark forums read". That's probably what you want.

I find searching for new posts better than unread posts because it only shows me what's happened since last time I visited, rather than including all those threads I'm ignoring (I don't own a slow cooker either).
Speak to a breastfeeding counsellor anytime - 1800 686 268

The Penguin chick is a very proud big sister 8)

Jan

Post by Jan » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:44 pm

Thanks Parla - that was exactly what I wanted. Yeay.