go-to invalid food?

For all your recipes, household hints and any other home related issues.
Esther

go-to invalid food?

Post by Esther » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:40 pm

Apart from chicken soup, which is just the best.stuff.ever this last week.

We're still trying to get over this virus that we've all had for the last week. Mostly it's gone. Left with hacking coughs and no-one is really hungry for anything. I assume it's going to change as we feel better. I ate about a quarter of the dinner I might normally eat tonight. And even that was only because I thought I should eat something and it tasted alright once I started.

Looking for quick and easy recipes that are appealing and nurturing, but not too rich.

Anyone want to start the betting on whether I actually get back to work this week?
Esther
DD1 05, DS 08, BB 11, DD2 12
Storked by nat*4
Storked Ellie's Mum, foggylog, jessiemay, Ducks & nat*4

Mummy woo!
Site Admin

Re: go-to invalid food?

Post by Mummy woo! » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:06 pm

Toast! Minimal washing up and kids can make their own. Dry when you are feeling peaky, then add butter and other things as you feel better. Get good bread so it isn't too sad.

Sorry to hear you have been unwell. Mine have had a lergie all weekend and they are driving me and DH nuts #badmummy
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either

breastfeedingisnormal
Counsellor

Re: go-to invalid food?

Post by breastfeedingisnormal » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:40 pm

Risotto. In the very expensive kitchen machine if you have one. Oven risotto if you don't.
Custard. Made with eggs and cream and real vanilla (this is one to call in a favour on .. Muuuhuum .. if you don't have said kitchen machine). With or without apple and rhubarb crumble.
Macaroni Cheese. With stinky blue cheese for the grown ups and boring supermarket cheese for the kids.
Breastfeeding Counsellor
Cert IV BE (Community & Counselling)
Cert IV TAA
PhD
Mum 2 J18 N15 E13