The wonder machine...

For all your recipes, household hints and any other home related issues.
chiggins

The wonder machine...

Post by chiggins » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:55 am

I'm now the proud owner of my very own "wonder machine" (T...mix) and am after people's experiences with toddler foods. It's a real struggle to get Miss Two to eat any veges at the moment so need ideas on how to hide them in her food! :smt005
DD - Nov 2013
DS1 - Apr 2015
DS2 - Jun 2016 (BFing like a champ!)

Mummy woo!
Site Admin

Re: The wonder machine...

Post by Mummy woo! » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:08 am

Mine really like dips - which can be a blob of yoghurt or a fancy dip on a plate with some vegie sticks for dipping. If you put the blob in the middle of the plate, put eight vegie sticks around the outside and two sultanas for eyes you have a spider. Articulated legs for the spider = twice as many vegie sticks!

Diced carrot, celery and onion is a traditional base for lots of savoury dishes (bolognaise, many tomato based sauces) and the magic machine makes short work of chopping and frying off. Chuck a tin of tomatoes and some oregano in and you have your own tomato sauce that you can happily let her have on anything (put it in the old branded shop squeezy bottle for maximum deception).

Does she like the machine? Maybe she would like to choose a recipe and 'help' you make it then you can praise her for her delicious treat she made for the family.

And put cheese sauce on everything!!

Good luck!
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either

A+D

Post by A+D » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:40 pm

Veges with some mushrooms chopped for a few seconds looks remarkably like mince, so anything I make with mince has some of that in it. My kids love sausage rolls at the moment, you can make the mince quite smooth in there, then roll up in puff pastry. I also make all my tomato based sauces in there, about 4 tomatoes, red capsicum to make it red, then whatever other veg is close to the end that is left in the fridge, onion, garlic, cook for about 7 mins on 100, can whizz it up a bit more at the end to make it smoother. I've been meaning to make more dips to go with veg sticks, but haven't gotten to dojng that. Oh, another current favourite is pizza scrolls, can use sauce as above, but I generally use bought, and add some veg with ham, pineapple and cheese, think I got dough recipe from the popular machine forum. Have fun!
Mum to
DS1 - Nov 2009
DD1 and DS2 - Oct 2011
DD2 - Dec 2013

chiggins

Post by chiggins » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:32 pm

Thanks ladies! Some fantastic ideas there!
I've tried the "vege dip" thing MW...she just licks the dip off the one carrot stick and refuses to consume the veges! :roll:
She loves to help (make mess) when I'm cooking so I could try to get her more involved in putting the ingredients in...she can be quite impatient though so it's a challenge at times!
I love the idea of hiding veges in "sauce" and even disguising it in a store bought squeezy bottle! Definitely going to try that one!
And sausage rolls, A+D!!! Why didn't I think of that! DD loves mushrooms and I put it in most things I cook that has mince. Pizza scrolls sound awesome too. A girlfriend of mine said the pizza dough recipe is amazing so keen to try that. Just hope DD doesn't pick the toppings off like she often does!! :evil:

Thanks for your awesome suggestions girls! x
DD - Nov 2013
DS1 - Apr 2015

Jenbt85

Post by Jenbt85 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:23 pm

Zucchini slice is another way to hide veg. Will she eat soup?
DS - bf 18.5 months (565 days)!
DD - breastfeeding

Storked by the fabulous forumites: AussieBritLu and PellyintheWilderness

Openly storking AussieBritLu

chiggins

Post by chiggins » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:49 pm

Jenbt85 wrote:Zucchini slice is another way to hide veg. Will she eat soup?
She doesn't like zucchini slice, Jen. Have tried that numerous times.
She might eat soup if I can put it in a skippy cup with a straw...will have to make it quite runny. Worth a try! Thanks!! x
DD - Nov 2013
DS1 - Apr 2015