The 2016 declutter thread

For all your recipes, household hints and any other home related issues.
Jenbt85
Posts: 3251
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:13 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: The 2016 declutter thread

Post by Jenbt85 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:11 pm

Jenbt85 wrote:
Jenbt85 wrote:Another 9 bags gone to the op shop:

Total: (11 bags of clothes that I am not counting) plus 28 +9 = 37
Another four bags gone - total 41
A walker toy sold to a local mum - total 42.

I have a box of toys ready to sell plus a double pram and a wooden high chair. DH has also agreed that we can go through each room and consider if any electrical items can be moved on (lamps, old dvd players etc). I've got about 6 bags of clothes waiting to be moved on to friends when we next see them, it's such a fun time! I *love* moving stuff on. We are going to rearrange downstairs to have a grown up living room and a children's playroom to better use the space in our home too. DH has just been offered a permanent job so I'm hoping that means he chucks some more of his wardrobe too. ;)
DS - bf 18.5 months (565 days)!
DD - breastfeeding

Storked by the fabulous forumites: AussieBritLu and PellyintheWilderness

Openly storking AussieBritLu

Jenbt85
Posts: 3251
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:13 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: The 2016 declutter thread

Post by Jenbt85 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:37 pm

I have moved on a double pram plus one bag of accessories and a baby bath plus two bags of miscellaneous baby stuff. Still have a box of baby toys and the high chair to sell.

Total = 44 bags plus pram and bath
DS - bf 18.5 months (565 days)!
DD - breastfeeding

Storked by the fabulous forumites: AussieBritLu and PellyintheWilderness

Openly storking AussieBritLu

Jenbt85
Posts: 3251
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:13 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: The 2016 declutter thread

Post by Jenbt85 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:39 pm

Jenbt85 wrote:Put me down for 30 :)
Can't believe that I've gone over my original estimate by so much! Think I'm close to 200 bags down from when I started!

If I was single, I'd have chucked so much more. Damn DH and his hoarding ways...
DS - bf 18.5 months (565 days)!
DD - breastfeeding

Storked by the fabulous forumites: AussieBritLu and PellyintheWilderness

Openly storking AussieBritLu

User avatar
Penguin
Posts: 10031
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:21 pm
Contact:

Re: The 2016 declutter thread

Post by Penguin » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:29 am

Four top sheets for our queen bed, not used since R was born and DH and I switched to to single top covers to facilitate cosleeping and then kept them that way because I like about three more blankets than him and we wondered why we didn't do this ten years ago...
2 bags = total 52
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013
DD2 Feb 2015 Storked by Parla.
Proud storker: michansam's DS3, katsbi's DD3 and Gwen's mum's DS
Image

User avatar
Penguin
Posts: 10031
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:21 pm
Contact:

Re: The 2016 declutter thread

Post by Penguin » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:17 pm

Three bags on baby clothes/ books/ toys. And maternity bras to a friend.

Total 55 bags
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013
DD2 Feb 2015 Storked by Parla.
Proud storker: michansam's DS3, katsbi's DD3 and Gwen's mum's DS
Image

DigDig
Posts: 380
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:29 pm

Re: The 2016 declutter thread

Post by DigDig » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:07 pm

Penguin wrote:Three bags on baby clothes/ books/ toys. And maternity bras to a friend.

Total 55 bags
Wow! I am in awe.....
DD - BF 23 months 4 1/2yrs
DD2 - BFeeding

User avatar
Penguin
Posts: 10031
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:21 pm
Contact:

Re: The 2016 declutter thread

Post by Penguin » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:31 pm

One bag of fabric - FABRIC!!! - gone.
total 56
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013
DD2 Feb 2015 Storked by Parla.
Proud storker: michansam's DS3, katsbi's DD3 and Gwen's mum's DS
Image

User avatar
Mummy woo!
Site Admin
Posts: 13644
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:23 am
Location: NSW

Re: The 2016 declutter thread

Post by Mummy woo! » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:48 am

Penguin wrote:One bag of fabric - FABRIC!!! - gone.
total 56
Oh now you are just messing with us :smt005

Seriously though, I have decluttered bags and bags of fabric - I worked in a cheap fabric shop when I was at high school and bought all the polyester. So liberating to send it all to the oppy.

I told BiN recently I was thinking about decluttering my yarn and getting rid of all of it and she wisely counselled me to slow down but also offered to take it all :roll:
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either

User avatar
Penguin
Posts: 10031
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:21 pm
Contact:

Re: The 2016 declutter thread

Post by Penguin » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:32 pm

Mummy woo! wrote:
Penguin wrote:One bag of fabric - FABRIC!!! - gone.
total 56
Oh now you are just messing with us :smt005

Seriously though, I have decluttered bags and bags of fabric - I worked in a cheap fabric shop when I was at high school and bought all the polyester. So liberating to send it all to the oppy.

I told BiN recently I was thinking about decluttering my yarn and getting rid of all of it and she wisely counselled me to slow down but also offered to take it all :roll:

I did half a garbage bag of yarn. I'm having a physical repulsive reaction even now, thinking about it. I still can't believe I managed to pull it off.
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013
DD2 Feb 2015 Storked by Parla.
Proud storker: michansam's DS3, katsbi's DD3 and Gwen's mum's DS
Image

DigDig
Posts: 380
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:29 pm

Re: The 2016 declutter thread

Post by DigDig » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:19 pm

Penguin wrote:
Mummy woo! wrote:
Penguin wrote:One bag of fabric - FABRIC!!! - gone.
total 56
Oh now you are just messing with us :smt005

Seriously though, I have decluttered bags and bags of fabric - I worked in a cheap fabric shop when I was at high school and bought all the polyester. So liberating to send it all to the oppy.

I told BiN recently I was thinking about decluttering my yarn and getting rid of all of it and she wisely counselled me to slow down but also offered to take it all :roll:

I did half a garbage bag of yarn. I'm having a physical repulsive reaction even now, thinking about it. I still can't believe I managed to pull it off.
Yarn? Wow. That is impressive. This is the one thing I'm very good at stashing and hoarding. I've even gotten rid of books ( never thought that would be possibly), but yarn is hard. Well done for parting with it! You have inspired me to try.
DD - BF 23 months 4 1/2yrs
DD2 - BFeeding

User avatar
Penguin
Posts: 10031
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:21 pm
Contact:

Re: The 2016 declutter thread

Post by Penguin » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:02 pm

DigDig wrote:
Yarn? Wow. That is impressive. This is the one thing I'm very good at stashing and hoarding. I've even gotten rid of books ( never thought that would be possibly), but yarn is hard. Well done for parting with it! You have inspired me to try.
Books? You're a monster! You and Leigh Sales can go and live in your own monster land with bookshelves with space on them. (I mean this with love xxx)
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013
DD2 Feb 2015 Storked by Parla.
Proud storker: michansam's DS3, katsbi's DD3 and Gwen's mum's DS
Image

User avatar
Penguin
Posts: 10031
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:21 pm
Contact:

Re: The 2016 declutter thread

Post by Penguin » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:04 pm

A bag and a half of DH's clothes.
57.5 bags
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013
DD2 Feb 2015 Storked by Parla.
Proud storker: michansam's DS3, katsbi's DD3 and Gwen's mum's DS
Image

User avatar
Mummy woo!
Site Admin
Posts: 13644
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:23 am
Location: NSW

Re: The 2016 declutter thread

Post by Mummy woo! » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:06 am

Well done you. And well done on the yarn. :)
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either

User avatar
Penguin
Posts: 10031
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:21 pm
Contact:

Re: The 2016 declutter thread

Post by Penguin » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:37 am

Wish I could declitter my anxiety and all the shorty things that keep happening.
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013
DD2 Feb 2015 Storked by Parla.
Proud storker: michansam's DS3, katsbi's DD3 and Gwen's mum's DS
Image

DigDig
Posts: 380
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:29 pm

Re: The 2016 declutter thread

Post by DigDig » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:27 pm

Penguin wrote:
DigDig wrote:
Yarn? Wow. That is impressive. This is the one thing I'm very good at stashing and hoarding. I've even gotten rid of books ( never thought that would be possibly), but yarn is hard. Well done for parting with it! You have inspired me to try.
Books? You're a monster! You and Leigh Sales can go and live in your own monster land with bookshelves with space on them. (I mean this with love xxx)
Ha ha! It was hard, but really liberating too. There were a few books there that I had bought but guilted over never reading. Getting tod of them got rid of the guilt :lol:

Others were books of been gifted, had 2 or more of, or cook books I'd never used!
DD - BF 23 months 4 1/2yrs
DD2 - BFeeding

Post Reply