CCS

For many reasons, some mothers find themselves being the sole parent of
their child or children. This category is for those who may be full time
solo parents or for those whose partners work away from home for extended
periods of time, and for every solo parenting situation in between!

Please be aware of our Forum Guidelines and be conscious of your personal
safety when posting.

laura_2525

CCS

Post by laura_2525 » Wed May 28, 2014 9:55 am

Hi,

Just wondering if any of you have used a children's contact service of some kind and what your experience was.

Feeling a bit disheartened and frustrated with my own so looking for others experiences good and bad. :)

Thank you in advance.
--------
DS born on 15/11/2013

fellare

Re: CCS

Post by fellare » Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 am

I haven't as my ex is overseas so we just Skype. Just wanted to let you know there are a few single mums here! You're not alone.
Boobymonster weaned at 3.5yrs.
Ms Firestorm born august 2015
Whatever you perceive to believe, dream.... be free.... (eMDee)

Penguin

Post by Penguin » Wed May 28, 2014 12:00 pm

No advice from me on that sorry but I had been thinking of you and wondering how you are going? How's your little man? Are things going ok for you?
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013
DD2 Feb 2015 Storked by Parla.
Proud storker: michansam's DS3, katsbi's DD3 and Gwen's mum's DS

laura_2525

Post by laura_2525 » Fri May 30, 2014 3:13 pm

Thanks guys

Things are difficult. Financially and all the joy that brings but I can cope with that...

It gets wearing walking around town and looking over your shoulder the whole time worried for yours and your sons safety...

I am worried what the future will bring for DS and myself but right now I am focussing on the positives!

I have enrolled to train as a CE I have almost finished my uni unit. DS has his first tooth and many more exciting things almost happening. I am attending liquid gold. I am going to Tassie soon and I almost have my drivers licence. Test on Tuesday. Yay!

Hopefully see you in August!
--------
DS born on 15/11/2013

Mummy woo!
Site Admin

Post by Mummy woo! » Fri May 30, 2014 3:44 pm

laura_2525 wrote:Thanks guys

Things are difficult. Financially and all the joy that brings but I can cope with that...

It gets wearing walking around town and looking over your shoulder the whole time worried for yours and your sons safety...

I am worried what the future will bring for DS and myself but right now I am focussing on the positives!

I have enrolled to train as a CE I have almost finished my uni unit. DS has his first tooth and many more exciting things almost happening. I am attending liquid gold. I am going to Tassie soon and I almost have my drivers licence. Test on Tuesday. Yay!

Hopefully see you in August!
Sounds like you have a lot of things going really well for you Laura - I'm glad. Are you getting some support with your fears for your safety? A community legal centre, or a women's referral centre will be able to talk you through your options (including legal) if you are not already getting advice.
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either

laura_2525

Post by laura_2525 » Fri May 30, 2014 7:47 pm

There are IVOs for one person but I'm not sure it means anything to them as there have been breaches.
So it doesn't really help.

Yes and no. I was with a family violence service which was amazing and my lawyer is from there but there isn't much to do. There are a couple of services in town which the service is, in theory, good. But the staff are not. I've had people tell me my son is clingy because he doesn't want to leave me. That I should express so his father can 'have that experience'... That I shouldn't parent the way I do (attachment if I have to classify it) many other horrible things which would require my writing an essay to give background for lol... I'm so glad I have aba, my mum and some good friends to support me and tell me I am actually doing the right thing!
--------
DS born on 15/11/2013

Nedsmum

Post by Nedsmum » Fri May 30, 2014 10:43 pm

Repeat after me.... "Well-intended advice does not equal good advice"...

And FWIW is your child between 9-18 months? There is a 'clingy' period that starts at 9-10 months and peaks around 14 months, then starts to fade from around 18months.... I work in a childcare setting and even the kids have been with us full-time from 4-5 months old, go through this clingy period at exactly the same time as other children who have never been in childcare, or come later to childcare. It coincides we a growing awareness that they are a separate person to you!

I am glad you have good support networks, and I am sure your son understands that you are the centre of his universe, but he will also start to realise that he has other really important people in his life like grandma and aunties and uncles, who love him too...
Breastmilk - the ultimate 'brain food'!!!

laura_2525

Post by laura_2525 » Sat May 31, 2014 6:36 am

He is 6 months old...

According to some childcare workers we need to be 'weaned' off eachother. The same person doesn't have an issue with childcare workers smelling heavily of smoke...

There is little understanding from them for ds... He is entering that stage, and we have such an amazing relationship... The combination of the two makes it hard for him when the world says to him 'mummy is always available except for when you go here with these people then you have to scream for 20 minutes before they will call her back -_- I HATE it...
--------
DS born on 15/11/2013