No parenting plan - advice/help needed

For many reasons, some mothers find themselves being the sole parent of
their child or children. This category is for those who may be full time
solo parents or for those whose partners work away from home for extended
periods of time, and for every solo parenting situation in between!

Please be aware of our Forum Guidelines and be conscious of your personal
safety when posting.

nilmerg

No parenting plan - advice/help needed

Post by nilmerg » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:32 pm

Is there anyone out there who could share their experiences with me (either publicly or privately)?

I need to speak to someone who has experience of the next step after you have gained an unsuccessful mediation certificate.

And I'd also be interested to speak to someone who has a shared cost of childcare written into their parenting plan.

Mummy woo!
Site Admin

Post by Mummy woo! » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:27 pm

Hi nilmerg

Sorry to hear the mediation didn't work for you. I don't have any experience but it is nice to 'see' you around. Hope someone can offer some guidance, otherwise maybe community legal could help?
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either

whitto04

Post by whitto04 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:36 pm

Hi Nilmerg,
I can only recount our experience. I hope yours goes more smoothly.
Once we got a certificate from mediation, the next step (for us) was court. We had a preliminary hearing, where the magistrate ordered us to have our DD interviewed by a court appointed psych.
The psych made a decision, which we could have followed up on- but we fought that ruling, and went to a court hearing.
At the hearing- we had submitted a stack of affidavits and paperwork. First, my ex was cross examined. Then his new wife. Once my lawyer finished making fools of them ( :-D ), I was cross examined.
At the end of day one, we went home to regroup. At the beginning of day 2, ex decided that he hadn't come off well under cross examination and chose to agree with our requests. We spent the day negotiating, before getting the magistrate to sign off on our agreement.
If you want more specifics, PM me.
DD#1-1999, BF 12 months.
DD#2-2006, BF 5 yrs 8 months
DD#3-2009 (born at home), BF 4 yrs 2 months
DD#4-2012 (born at home), no longer sharing with her sister!
11 years of continuous lactation!!!!!

fellare

Post by fellare » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:33 am

so not looking forward to this bit. Have no experience, but we'll probably divorce under a foreign law (the same we got married under), which doesn't include mediation.

I wish I had time to sort it all out!

anyway, good luck with it all!
Boobymonster weaned at 3.5yrs.
Ms Firestorm born august 2015
Whatever you perceive to believe, dream.... be free.... (eMDee)

Mummy woo!
Site Admin

Post by Mummy woo! » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:21 am

Hi nilmerg

You have stuck in my mind because I am in a legal dispute at the moment (not family related) and it is really difficult when these mediation processes don't work.

Anyone, I did a bit of digging and found this brochure which doesn't provide much detail, but does give some contacts for further information:
http://www.familylawcourts.gov.au/wps/w ... 3V1_A4.pdf

Not knowing exactly what the problem has been, it is hard to know if this will be helpful - but might give you a path to follow to find what you need.

Good luck!

MW
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either

nilmerg

Post by nilmerg » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:48 am

Thanks for your replies. I'm just a bit overwhelmed with the whole process. I just think that if he could agree to come back to mediation all of this could be avoided, however he won't. He has given several terrible excuses - didn't like the mediator (but we can change mediators at any time) and the cost of it (erm, these are our children we are talking about, cost should not ever be an issue (esp when he earns a GOOD salary!) and the 'cost' will be nothing compared to the cost of legal representation if we get that far!

I'll have a look at the brochure you linked Mummy woo! Thanks.