brand new single mum.....

For many reasons, some mothers find themselves being the sole parent of
their child or children. This category is for those who may be full time
solo parents or for those whose partners work away from home for extended
periods of time, and for every solo parenting situation in between!

Please be aware of our Forum Guidelines and be conscious of your personal
safety when posting.

mooki
Site Admin

Post by mooki » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:58 am

:smt049

Deegirl

Post by Deegirl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:39 pm

Gosh MK, I'm so very very sorry to be reading this post. You're an amazing, strong woman and mother! I'm not sure what else to say, just that we're here for you. xxxx Rach
DS Dec 07
DD Dec 11

Andypandy

Post by Andypandy » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:14 pm

It sounds really tough. I hope you continue to get support from your family and friends. Make sure you look after yourself.
DS1: May 09 Breastfed 2y7m
DS2: Oct 2012 Breastfed 2y1m I am pretending he is weaned
DD: Feb 2015

milaha

Post by milaha » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:15 pm

Giant hug. You sound like such an amazing, wise and strong woman. !@~@~!group hug !@~@~!group hug

Wish this wasn't happening to you :(

mummakrissy

Post by mummakrissy » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:35 pm

milaha wrote:Giant hug. You sound like such an amazing, wise and strong woman. !@~@~!group hug !@~@~!group hug

Wish this wasn't happening to you :(
thank you. i wish it wasn't happening either.
however, i already know that one day in the future, i will be better for this heart ache. i will be stronger, wiser, more proud of myself, a better mother. I will not put all my own needs aside for a man as i have. i will find my voice and stand up for myself. I will look after myself as well as i look after everyone else!

on a happy note... i'm getting two brumby weanlings to train soon. I'm sure they will keep me very busy and distracted!!! :)
DD - fed 2yr 9m
DS - fed 3yr 2m
Ready for round three of breastfeeding!! :)

Vahvempi

Post by Vahvempi » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:15 am

milaha wrote:Giant hug. You sound like such an amazing, wise and strong woman.
She sounds like it cos she is!!

jessles
Location: Just ask hubby..... he'll tell you I'm in forum land

Post by jessles » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:59 am

mummakrissy wrote: on a happy note... i'm getting two brumby weanlings to train soon. I'm sure they will keep me very busy and distracted!!! :)
That sounds like fun, but lots of hard work.

Now to the city girl, how old is a brumby weanling? Are we talking like a baby brumby that's just been weaned?

Esther

Post by Esther » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:01 pm

Yep, thanks jessles, I'd also like to find out more about brumby weanlings. Totally OT :oops:

I thought brumbies were wild horses, is that right, or am I just showing my ignorance here. My only knowledge of them is from Man From Snowy River :oops: :oops:
Esther
DD1 05, DS 08, BB 11, DD2 12
Storked by nat*4
Storked Ellie's Mum, foggylog, jessiemay, Ducks & nat*4

jessles
Location: Just ask hubby..... he'll tell you I'm in forum land

Post by jessles » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:53 pm

Esther wrote:I thought brumbies were wild horses, is that right, or am I just showing my ignorance here. My only knowledge of them is from Man From Snowy River :oops: :oops:
yep, as soon as i see the word brumby written on terms of horses i picture a band of brumbies running across a plain (or that "stockman" photo of the horses going down into the stream to cross it).

sorry, more red herrings there :oops:

mummakrissy

Post by mummakrissy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:18 pm

lets go way OT!!!! sounds like much more fun.

Yes, brumbies are wild horses. There are thousands in the kosi national park. the park services have to get a certain amount out each year. They make big tapping yards and what ever comes in gets trapped, they feed and water them. when there is enough, they go onto a truck and anything over about 200kg goes to peterborough in SA for export for HUMAN CONSUMPTION. anything under 200kg isn't worth the effort for that, so they go to other knackeries for dog food. many many pregnant mares go to slaughter. many weanlings (yes, these are baby horses that are just old enough to be weaned, that may be only a few months old, 4-6 which is too young to wean but it's either wean and rehome or die)

SOOOO beautiful people i know, are able to get these brumbies and train them and find homes for them. i have worked with brumbies in the past. Weanlings are the safest to handle as the quickest to train and to trust as they are so young. So a couple of months ago, i signed up to take on two weanlings. I would love to save more, but realistically with two children, i have to be careful of my time. I already have a home lined up for these two, even though i haven't got them yet!! if it goes well, and i love the experience then i may get more again in August. it depends on if i can keep the farm, if i am coping money wise. depends on a lot of things.

i will post some pics when they come.
if anyone is interested in learning more or anything to do with brumbies, i can send you come links to the groups i have worked with.

:-D :-D

after some handling and training, they are the most wonderful loyal horses! but it takes time, patience and skill. i can't wait!!!!!
DD - fed 2yr 9m
DS - fed 3yr 2m

Little Tiggermum
Site Admin

Post by Little Tiggermum » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:33 pm

So you aren't keeping that gorgeous Dun?
he's gorgeous
DD#1 Boozo 15
DD#2 Puddins 12
DS Emperor Bulldog 9
DS2 Pumba 4
Can't get to a breastfeeding support group? http://mumsright.libsyn.com

mummakrissy

Post by mummakrissy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:01 pm

no i don't think i'll get the buckskin M. I would love to have him but they are being very firm about the 'rules'. Once he is put into thier program, he has to be halter started and handled by them and then adopted. I really really want to do all the handling myself. i love his colour, and he came from the same station that my first brumby came from in the N.T. i would love to have him and if i could have him now as a raw unhandled brumby, i wouldn't desitate for a second. but i don't want someone else to do the special work. it's much too important to me.

Do you want him???? :wink:
DD - fed 2yr 9m
DS - fed 3yr 2m

Esther

Post by Esther » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:26 pm

Wow :-o Eye opening. Thanks for all the info K :-D Didn't know any of that!
Esther
DD1 05, DS 08, BB 11, DD2 12
Storked by nat*4
Storked Ellie's Mum, foggylog, jessiemay, Ducks & nat*4

mish83

Post by mish83 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:34 pm

I did not know any of that, but HUMAN consumption that has really taken me by surprise!
Do you know which countries consume it, or am I naive and it happens to us here?

Westaussie77
Counsellor

Post by Westaussie77 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:52 pm

It is also consumed here in Oz by humans
Westaussie77

DD Nov 2003 - Breastfed 17mths
DS Nov 2005 - Breastfed 44mths
Solo Parent since April 2006