Not allowed to fall PG

Trying to conceive? This is the place to talk to others in your situation.
User avatar
s squirrel
Posts: 11210
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:55 pm
Location: Children reflect the treatment they receive

Not allowed to fall PG

Post by s squirrel » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:43 pm

I have had to have the MMR vax, happy to have it but not happy that that puts having a crack at a baby on hold for a few months :-(
way bigger problems in the world, but it just makes me sad and makes the baby seem more and more likely to not happen.

*** going off to find a pair of big girl undies, Bridget would be proud***
If you can't fly, then run,
if you can't run, then walk,
if you can't walk, then crawl,
but whatever you do you have to keep moving
forward.... – MLK

User avatar
breastfeedingisnormal
Counsellor
Posts: 3731
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:42 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

Re: Not allowed to fall PG

Post by breastfeedingisnormal » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:15 pm

Really? Have you considered calling our friend Rodney Whyte in Melbourne? I may or may not work with people who know a lot about vaccination and I've never heard this advice (which doesn't mean it isn't right but it might be worth getting a second opinion).
Breastfeeding Counsellor
Cert IV BE (Community & Counselling)
Cert IV TAA
PhD
Mum 2 J18 N15 E13

User avatar
Mummy woo!
Site Admin
Posts: 13644
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:23 am
Location: NSW

Re: Not allowed to fall PG

Post by Mummy woo! » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:10 pm

Second opinion is a good idea - you should have more babies - you make gorgeous babies!
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either

User avatar
strolltotheshops
Posts: 1188
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:31 pm
Location: NSW

Re: Not allowed to fall PG

Post by strolltotheshops » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:14 pm

I was reading about this just a few days ago with a friend.

From memory it's 28 days, isn't it?

User avatar
strolltotheshops
Posts: 1188
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:31 pm
Location: NSW

Re: Not allowed to fall PG

Post by strolltotheshops » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:19 pm

Ah, yes, it suggests not falling pregnant for 28 days after the vaccine http://www.health.gov.au/internet/immun ... MR-Vaccine
Women should be screened for rubella antibodies when planning a pregnancy, or early in the pregnancy irrespective of a previous positive rubella antibody result. If rubella antibody levels are low, these women should receive MMR vaccine either at least 28 days before becoming pregnant or shortly after delivery and before discharge from the maternity unit. Women should not receive the vaccine if they are pregnant or might become pregnant within 28 days.
And although it's contraindicated during pregnancy there's only a hypothetical risk
There is only a hypothetical risk. Despite concerns that live attenuated rubella vaccine virus might cause congenital abnormalities, rubella vaccine (either monovalent or as MMR) has been given to pregnant women (usually inadvertently) without harm to the fetus.42,43 Even though rubella vaccine virus can infect the fetus, even for vaccine given in early pregnancy, there is no evidence that it causes congenital rubella syndrome in infants born to susceptible mothers.44 Receipt of rubella vaccination during pregnancy is not an indication for termination.43
Women of child-bearing age should avoid pregnancy for 28 days after vaccination.
It is recommended practice to test all pregnant women for immunity to rubella, and to vaccinate susceptible women as soon as possible after delivery and check their serological status post vaccination.

User avatar
Esther
Posts: 11292
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:10 pm
Location: The better side of the river ;)

Re: Not allowed to fall PG

Post by Esther » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:55 pm

Nothing sensible to add but :smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :smt006

Moi? Excited much? 8)
Esther
DD1 05, DS 08, BB 11, DD2 12
Storked by nat*4
Storked Ellie's Mum, foggylog, jessiemay, Ducks & nat*4

User avatar
s squirrel
Posts: 11210
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:55 pm
Location: Children reflect the treatment they receive

Re: Not allowed to fall PG

Post by s squirrel » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:35 am

strolltotheshops wrote:Ah, yes, it suggests not falling pregnant for 28 days after the vaccine http://www.health.gov.au/internet/immun ... MR-Vaccine
Women should be screened for rubella antibodies when planning a pregnancy, or early in the pregnancy irrespective of a previous positive rubella antibody result. If rubella antibody levels are low, these women should receive MMR vaccine either at least 28 days before becoming pregnant or shortly after delivery and before discharge from the maternity unit. Women should not receive the vaccine if they are pregnant or might become pregnant within 28 days.
And although it's contraindicated during pregnancy there's only a hypothetical risk
There is only a hypothetical risk. Despite concerns that live attenuated rubella vaccine virus might cause congenital abnormalities, rubella vaccine (either monovalent or as MMR) has been given to pregnant women (usually inadvertently) without harm to the fetus.42,43 Even though rubella vaccine virus can infect the fetus, even for vaccine given in early pregnancy, there is no evidence that it causes congenital rubella syndrome in infants born to susceptible mothers.44 Receipt of rubella vaccination during pregnancy is not an indication for termination.43
Women of child-bearing age should avoid pregnancy for 28 days after vaccination.
It is recommended practice to test all pregnant women for immunity to rubella, and to vaccinate susceptible women as soon as possible after delivery and check their serological status post vaccination.
It is still a risk I can avoid with ease, so will do so, would never forgive myself if my impatience were to cause issues with my baby. I'm just sad it's delayed it more so :-/
It wasn't because of the rubella, it was the measles bit I had to have, but it only comes as MMR :?
Not even good Easter egg chocolate is helping :-(
If you can't fly, then run,
if you can't run, then walk,
if you can't walk, then crawl,
but whatever you do you have to keep moving
forward.... – MLK

Bailey's Mum
Counsellor
Posts: 17986
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Not allowed to fall PG

Post by Bailey's Mum » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:46 am

The Rubella part never sticks for me. I'm immune to MM for life! (Not really, but I've had about 6 shots during my childbearing years - one after each baby, and one after each pregnancy loss).

And hello! And how exciting, another baby squirrel in the works soon :smt007
DS1 born sleeping
DS2 BF 2y2m (using supply line)
DS3 BF 2y2m2w2d (because we like patterns - 9 months with SNS)
DS4 BF 3y10m3w4d (8 months with SNS)

User avatar
s squirrel
Posts: 11210
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:55 pm
Location: Children reflect the treatment they receive

Re: Not allowed to fall PG

Post by s squirrel » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:26 am

Bailey's Mum wrote:And hello! And how exciting, another baby squirrel in the works soon :smt007
I hope :wink:
If you can't fly, then run,
if you can't run, then walk,
if you can't walk, then crawl,
but whatever you do you have to keep moving
forward.... – MLK

User avatar
Andypandy
Posts: 8880
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:43 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Not allowed to fall PG

Post by Andypandy » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:55 pm

s squirrel wrote:
Bailey's Mum wrote:And hello! And how exciting, another baby squirrel in the works soon :smt007
I hope :wink:
I really hope so. You make beautiful babies.

Oh and one of the mums in my ABA group had horrendous HG with her first 2 kids but just morning sickness with her last.
DS1: May 09 Breastfed 2y7m
DS2: Oct 2012 Breastfed 2y1m I am pretending he is weaned
DD: Feb 2015

User avatar
s squirrel
Posts: 11210
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:55 pm
Location: Children reflect the treatment they receive

Re: Not allowed to fall PG

Post by s squirrel » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:16 pm

Andypandy wrote:
s squirrel wrote:
Bailey's Mum wrote:And hello! And how exciting, another baby squirrel in the works soon :smt007
I hope :wink:
I really hope so. You make beautiful babies.

Oh and one of the mums in my ABA group had horrendous HG with her first 2 kids but just morning sickness with her last.
I wish jellyfish!!
:wink:
And thanks about the beautiful babies bit :smt007
I'll remember that next time the drive me bonkers :lol:
Last edited by s squirrel on Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you can't fly, then run,
if you can't run, then walk,
if you can't walk, then crawl,
but whatever you do you have to keep moving
forward.... – MLK

User avatar
AussieBritLu
Community Educator
Posts: 4292
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: Northern Rivers, NSW

Re: Not allowed to fall PG

Post by AussieBritLu » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:51 pm

exciting times ahead then ss?
DD1/2011 - FF
DS/2013 - BF 2yr4m. Weaned :-)
DD2/2016 - BF 21mths. Weaned :-/
Storked pseudo, lilypad & Vahvempi. Co-storked with Pelly for Jenbt85!
Storked by Giff for DS & Jenbt85 for DD2.

User avatar
mooki
Site Admin
Posts: 16787
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:45 pm

Re: Not allowed to fall PG

Post by mooki » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:22 pm

Andypandy wrote:
Oh and one of the mums in my ABA group had horrendous HG with her first 2 kids but just morning sickness with her last.

I was about to say I spoke to someone who has experienced the same...then I realised its the same person :lol:

So if you get pregnant, there will be no WA trip this year? #beingselfish

User avatar
AussieBritLu
Community Educator
Posts: 4292
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: Northern Rivers, NSW

Re: Not allowed to fall PG

Post by AussieBritLu » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:29 pm

I get HG too....but have been told the same.....someone knew someone who had it for the first 3 pregnancies but her 4th she had no HG.
DD1/2011 - FF
DS/2013 - BF 2yr4m. Weaned :-)
DD2/2016 - BF 21mths. Weaned :-/
Storked pseudo, lilypad & Vahvempi. Co-storked with Pelly for Jenbt85!
Storked by Giff for DS & Jenbt85 for DD2.

User avatar
Parla.
Counsellor
Posts: 1938
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Not allowed to fall PG

Post by Parla. » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:07 pm

AussieBritLu wrote:I get HG too....but have been told the same.....someone knew someone who had it for the first 3 pregnancies but her 4th she had no HG.
Hey Penguin, did you hear that? :lol:
Speak to a breastfeeding counsellor anytime - 1800 686 268

The Penguin chick is a very proud big sister 8)

Post Reply