Clomid & Breast Milk Supply

Trying to conceive? This is the place to talk to others in your situation.
o-k-r@hotmail.com

Clomid & Breast Milk Supply

Post by o-k-r@hotmail.com » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:57 am

I am just wondering if anyone has anyone has any experience with taking the medication 'clomid' & how this affected their breast milk supply? I have a 22 month old son who I exclusively express for (due to early breast refusal). My Husband & I are wanting to start trying for another baby, but need fertility assistance to induce a bleed (provera medication) & & to ovulate (clomid medication) as I have poly cystic ovarian syndrome. I am not ready to stop expressing yet as my son has lots of food refusal issues & is largely being maintained by breast milk. My Gynaecologist has told me the medication may dry up my milk, although she has no experience with previous patients that have still been feeding whilst undergoing treatment to get pregnant (apparently medication is safe for my son if I continue expressing). Has anyone got any experience in this area?

fellare

Re: Clomid & Breast Milk Supply

Post by fellare » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:05 am

I did this a couple of months ago. Please call the Monash medicine information line and talk to Rodney whyte!

I don't know if it affected supply as i significantly decreased feeds to minimise the amount of clomid going through. We just picked up once it was out of the system enough. I don't know if it works the same with expressing, though. You might want to consider pumping and dumping, but Rodney will be the best to advise.

I want successful, but i think i would have been if i had a husband and lots of sex
Boobymonster weaned at 3.5yrs.
Ms Firestorm born august 2015
Whatever you perceive to believe, dream.... be free.... (eMDee)