Weeks of weepiness - is it a hormonal thing?

Trying to conceive? This is the place to talk to others in your situation.
Trixiebelle02

Weeks of weepiness - is it a hormonal thing?

Post by Trixiebelle02 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:09 am

I am the mother of a 14 month old baby. He breastfeeds at least four times a day. I am yet to start my periods again but am looking forward to having another baby soon. I know that plenty of people get pregnant while breastfeeding and without having had a period but for others it doesn't happen until breastfeeding slows or stops.

For weeks now I have been feeling quite weepy. My relationship is not going that well, my partner is impatient with me, and I find little to talk about that interests him. Neither of us seem to be very happy. I am yet to recover my "mojo" since giving birth.

The last week or so I have noticed a bit of clear or sometimes slightly opaque discharge and wondered whether my reproductive system is starting up again. I have tried the ovulation pee strips but they have always been negative.

Did anyone else notice mood swings as they returned to fertility? Otherwise I'm wondering whether, without realising it, I am wanting to return to fertility so badly that it is stressing me out without my realising. Did cutting back to two feeds a day (morning and night) kick start anyone's cycle again?

Yankee

Post by Yankee » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:59 am

Hi and welcome to the forum! I don't know enough about fertility to comment on that side of things. I hate hormonal moodiness though, you have my sympathy there! Whether it's from ovulating or something else, hormones just suck sometimes.

If you find that your weepiness isn't going away, though, or that it's effecting other areas of your life, it may be worth talking to someone about it. If you don't know where to start, there are all kinds of good resources that can help - Beyond Blue and PANDA are great places to start. You don't need to be 'depressed' to give them a call, they're an understanding ear regardless, and I know they've helped a number of people on the forum.

And of course, there's always the forum!
DD born September 2013

Mummy woo!
Site Admin

Post by Mummy woo! » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:43 pm

What Yankee said. Feeling weepy for weeks is not a good sign - you deserve to feel better than that. You might also consider discussing with your GP the options in your area for additional support.

Have you considered going to an ABA meeting? Many mums find it a great source of friendship and support from other breastfeeding mums. And they aren't just for people with a breastfeeding 'problem'.
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either