Change of plans...

Trying to conceive? This is the place to talk to others in your situation.

Change of plans...

Postby mummakrissy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:09 pm

so after counting down to start our TTC journey.... and now having two unsuccessful months... we had one more month of ttc up our sleeve before we would have our agreed 6 month break to avoid a due date between oct-march....

but we have had a big talk and have decided to SKIP this month and start our 6 (now 7ish) month break early.

SO i'm off the ttc wagon. most days I feel like i'm drowning and that's not how I want to bring another baby into our family.

So for the next 6 months we have a lot of other things to do, starting with getting fitter, losing weight, eating better, LOTS of horse riding, maybe even some child free time (which has NEVER happened) and i'm going to get our house/farm in order so it doesn't look like it's a run down pig sty!

anyway, best wishes to any one else TTC.... I know i'll have pangs of jealousy when other people announce their pregnancies but I know this is the right decision for our family and for me especially.

thanks for reading :D
DD - fed 2yr 9m
DS - fed 3yr 2m
Ready for round three of breastfeeding!! :)
mummakrissy

Postby fellare » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:13 pm

hugs, I can understand the jealousy. itś only natural. You're very brave to want to wait that long! I couldn't do it, unless forced to.

Can I suggest a cleaner/helper? It helps me so much to have someone next to me helping me clean up! Feel loads less overwhelmed and you can do twice as much in half the time.
Boobymonster weaned at 3.5yrs.
Ms Firestorm born august 2015
Whatever you perceive to believe, dream.... be free.... (eMDee)
fellare

Postby mummakrissy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:27 pm

fellare wrote:Can I suggest a cleaner/helper? It helps me so much to have someone next to me helping me clean up! Feel loads less overwhelmed and you can do twice as much in half the time.

This is a good idea and something i'm thinking about. I work 2-3 days a week as a nurse and i'm the sole ABA counsellor for a fairly big area so i'm contacted pretty frequently and give a lot of my spare time to supporting other mums, which takes time away from my kids and from my house/farm work.

I have 6 horses, all of which need time and love, especially the young brumbies who need more handling.

This was a hard decision to come to, especially as it's a year since we lost our little surprise baby and I have really mourned that little bubba, but I feel like it's the right decision for us and it's the most sensible choice for our circumstances.
DD - fed 2yr 9m
DS - fed 3yr 2m
mummakrissy

Postby JMc » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:47 am

Good on you for thinking this through and working out what is best for you and your family. It is a difficult decision. I hope the wait is easier for you than you anticipate.

Due to us living overseas for a couple of years, we are waiting until closer til we come home to start thinking about baby making. I'm finding the wait hard. Especially when other people are announcing pregnancies and births. But I know it is right for our family at the moment and so I'm trying really hard to enjoy the kids and not think about it too much!
DD - November 2009 (Breastfed 19 months)
DS1 - August 2011 (Breastfed 2 years and 8 months)
DS2 - November 2014 (Breastfeeding happily)
JMc

Postby dellywatts » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:23 pm

Difficult decision, it's hard to wait when it's such an exciting thing ttc!
But 6m will fly by and before you know it you'll be in a much better place to start that journey
DD1 ~ 9/2007
DS ~ 2/2009 bf for just over 4 yrs
DD2 ~ 3/2011 bf for nearly 2 yrs
DD3 ~ 12/2013 bfing
dellywatts
Counsellor

Postby AbbeyCat » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:51 pm

The jealousy of others' pregnancies is so hard isn't it! :(

Hope that the break from TTC is a very positive one for you and your family. xx :smt056
AbbeyCat
Trainee

Postby Hippie » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:18 pm

Hugs lovely. I'm insanely jealous of others pregnancy announcements at the moment. Enjoy getting fit, and playing with your horses.
Enjoy some child free time (something we have just starting doing too) and I'm sure bubs will come when the time is right xx
DS1-8yrs-breastfed for 19mths & 11 days
DS2-5yrs-breastfed for 2yrs, 2mths, 2wks (HBAC)
Our angel baby Sept 13- 13 weeks
Hippie

Postby Tilly » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:39 pm

I know, for my case, I do all my husbands book work and payroll etc etc from home. My accountant told me I can claim 50% of a cleaner due to me working from home.

Do you get paid for your helpline shifts? Perhaps you could ask if this applies to you?

I work two jobs (also a teacher) and since hubby started his own business and I have been doing the books I have been totally overwhelmed and not able to keep up with it all. So come late Jan, when I return to school, we are going to get a cleaner in once a week to help with the big jobs.
Proud Mummy of two gorgeous girls....

Jasmine 25th June 2008
Matilda 9th March 2011
Tilly

Postby Little Tiggermum » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:51 pm

No we don't get paid for helpline shifts, or for group leader tasks... or for most of what we do for ABA (<- Paid staff included in this). Its all voluntary.
DD#1 Boozo 15
DD#2 Puddins 12
DS Emperor Bulldog 9
DS2 Pumba 4
Can't get to a breastfeeding support group? http://mumsright.libsyn.com
Little Tiggermum
Site Admin

Postby mummakrissy » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:49 pm

thanks for all the replies everyone.
Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas... of course, it turns out I'm ovulating Christmas/boxing day!!

sending you all lots of love and cheer for a wonderful Christmas time.
DD - fed 2yr 9m
DS - fed 3yr 2m
mummakrissy

Return to Trying to conceive?