Do you think this means I'm not ovulating?

Trying to conceive? This is the place to talk to others in your situation.
quinlans mam

Do you think this means I'm not ovulating?

Post by quinlans mam » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:04 am

Every day I have ferning and copious amounts of EWCM. I have always managed to track my fertility this way and now it's all over the place.
Kirstyxx

Q self weaned at 28 months
D on the good stuff for 30 months
V just getting started.

mooki
Site Admin

Post by mooki » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:14 am

has your cycle returned? maybe your body is gearing up to ovulate or still regulating?

strolltotheshops

Post by strolltotheshops » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:30 pm

I don't know about the ferning; I've never looked under a microscope. I also don't know about the daily EWCM. Just to add to the collection of unusual TTC situations, I do know that, even when I am certain I am ovulating (i.e. I've had other signs of ovulation and I've ended up pregnant two weeks later or I've had a period and am sure it wasn't an anovulatory cycle...), LH tests don't seem to detect a surge for me. I've tried different brands, testing at different times of the day, testing with different concentrations of urine... For some reason they just don't seem to work for me. The only time they've detected anything has been when I've been pregnant, but not when I've been ovulating.

Snake Hips Mcroy

Post by Snake Hips Mcroy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:46 pm

Yeah I reckon it depends if you are having periods or not... Before mine came back I started getting random patches of EWCM, but then no period. Then I had a super light period, the 45 days with no period, but again random patches of EWCM. Then I had a proper period after that.

It may be that your body is getting ready to ovulate but hasn't done it yet?
DS1 - born May 2011, breastfed for 26 months
DS2 - born Dec 2013, breastfeeding like a champ

quinlans mam

Post by quinlans mam » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:10 pm

My period returned about 2 weeks after the pp bleeding had stopped.
Kirstyxx

V just getting started.

Snake Hips Mcroy

Post by Snake Hips Mcroy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:24 pm

Hmmm that's weird... Have they been regular?
DS1 - born May 2011, breastfed for 26 months
DS2 - born Dec 2013, breastfeeding like a champ

quinlans mam

Post by quinlans mam » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:22 am

Pretty much yeah. Took a couple of months to get a good pattern, but I get one every month.
Kirstyxx

V just getting started.

lovely mummy

Post by lovely mummy » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:38 pm

I don't know about ferning, but what i know is that there r some people whose normal pattern isn't to b dry until ovulation, but to have some cm all the time, ordinarily these people would see an increase or change to more ewcm toward ovulation, & then once ovulation occurs it would go back to the normal cm pattern. Mayb your body's hormone levels r still settling, & if you start charting u'll c some changes, even recognise some secondary signs. On the other hand, it is also possible that you r not ovulating but your body is having withdrawal bleeding - ie u haven't yet reached the threshold to start ovulating, but your body is shedding the layer. Again, charting or taking temps would give u a better idea.

I found toni weschlers' guide to fertility book the best in explaining fertility generally & what to look for.