Nat*4 just a thought

Trying to conceive? This is the place to talk to others in your situation.
Snake Hips Mcroy

Nat*4 just a thought

Post by Snake Hips Mcroy » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:08 pm

I'm sure you must have figured this out by now, but is there any chance you or your dh are rhesus negative blood groups? Or more importantly, one of you is positive and one negative? Because you have developed antibodies to a conflicting blood group it might explain why you can get pregnant but not stay pregnant. Doesn't mean you can't get pregnant again, but that you can only carry a baby with your blood type...

I just thought if it because I'm an A- and had my anti D injection this week. My mum is also A- but in here day they didn't know about it. I don't know but I suspect that my brother is a positive blood group, and that's why she had recurrent miscarriages after he was born.
DS1 - born May 2011, breastfed for 26 months
DS2 - born Dec 2013, breastfeeding like a champ

nat*4

Post by nat*4 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:41 pm

Oh wow, we'll I know I'm positive but Lukey has no idea.. So could that mean that all the boys are positive and possibly if DH is negative that the losses cod be negative???

Is that right for everyone with differing blood groups?? Can you only carry your blood type??

Both my sisters need the anti-D injection but its ever been mentioned to me... :?
DS1 2003, DS2 2008, DS3 2010 and some little angel babies <3<3
Hoping to add to my little brood :):)

Ducks

Post by Ducks » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:49 pm

If you are positive, you shouldn't be reacting against other rhesus positive babies and rh negative means that there is no rhesus protein. But there are other blood proteins that are less common (?) Than the rhesus factor. For instance my colleague discovered after baby#1 that she was k negative and her hubby was k positive and she had to have the fetus tested in utero because if it was positive it would have needed blood transfusions during her pregnancy. Luckily it was negative.

You could ask your doctor about other blood proteins apart from rhesus.

Edited for scary phone autocorrects

Snake Hips Mcroy

Post by Snake Hips Mcroy » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:32 pm

Well I don't know heaps about it, but was chatting to my midwife this week, because I had the injection. Usually a first baby with a conflicting blood group will be fine, unless you have a serious fall or injury in pregnancy that could cause your blood to mingle. But at birth, you blood does mingle, and your body can (and probably will) develop antibodies if you are a - and the baby is a +. So then any subsequent pregnancies would be spontaneously aborted by your body because of the antibodies you had developed in the last pregnancy/birth...

But as Ducks said it wouldn't normally be a prob in a + blood group mother unless it was something a bit more rare...
DS1 - born May 2011, breastfed for 26 months
DS2 - born Dec 2013, breastfeeding like a champ

strolltotheshops

Post by strolltotheshops » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:32 pm

As Ducks said, it's not an issue if you have a positive blood type.
http://www.cyh.com/healthtopics/healtht ... id=2759#Rh

Penguin

Post by Penguin » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:36 pm

This is a classic Gr 11 Biology exam question - if you're +ve then it won't be this unless there is soemthing unrelated and very rare going on as well.

If mum is negative, then it's a problem for her second positive bub (unles trauma is involved as said above)

Good luck Nat, I hope you get some answers x
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013
DD2 Feb 2015 Storked by Parla.
Proud storker: michansam's DS3, katsbi's DD3 and Gwen's mum's DS

nat*4

Post by nat*4 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:36 pm

Never did my yr11 exams he he :P

Yeah I've been doing some reading and it can't be that because I am +.. Thinking if it was anything like this it would've been picked up previously... I'll go to the doc and see what she says... Fingers crossed it's nothing serious or something that can't be explained... Going to focus on getting super healthy as well, could be the fact I'm a little older now too as is DH, bloody age!!!!

Ducks

Post by Ducks » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:27 am

Just remember that the rhesus factor is the most common blood incompatibility but that there are rarer ones too.

nat*4

Post by nat*4 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:21 am

Thanks darlin, I'll look in to it..