C/s thread ponderings..

for threads that need to be deleted from the advocacy area in the future (time to be advised)
charndra1

Post by charndra1 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:15 am

Perhaps if these posts were sprinkled thru the year, not all in the first week!

Trickle feeding, LOL.

I've been over at joyous birth, and it is a different world, where the approach is the norm, and no-one worries as that is wahat they are there for. So there are quite strong opinions all over the place. I'm not about to jump on and get all offended at them, however, LOL.

It is a bit of a shock at first.

The crazy one about men being the root of all evil didn't go across well at alll - to generalised and out there for folks,I was surprised to see it - yet it got people rabbitting o, which is always interesting to follow, I find. Perhaps it is a misunderstanding of that stuff? Didn't seem to be thought thru - more parrotting, yk?

What on earth am talking about, LOL?

Maven is demandibg i have a massage - off to the massage chair for me!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:36 pm

I think that would make a difference, Charndra! I think taking a moment or two to build relationships, first, would be another idea. Many people on the forum post a link to your site when mum describes a baby popping on and off the breast - even though they have never attempted EC themselves - you are our resident expert. Idolized by some, tolerated by some, ignored or even attacked on occasion. This happened over time. You may have a mentor of your own, but we would prefer your word as we know you.
Carrie
Official Monkey Storker!
(I thought we were hoping for a giraffe?)

charndra1

Post by charndra1 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:05 pm

Yes, exactly - just by sharing experiences or asking if others feel about this sort of thuing in general threads would get people ASKING for more information - I did that before I realised there was all this kerfuffle going on - as I'd popped on a thread that had some reference to a site but I couldn't find the link!

Re the pooping off the boob and EC thing - LOL, yeah, I make it a point to never start a thread or topic on EC - but I'll respond to questions with my own experiences quite happily. That particular thing helped me so much - and so many other mums - even KNOWING that is a possibility seems to help people relax, which is all good - confidence being such a big part of bf, as we all know!

If a bit more info appeals to someone, they'll look into it. So it is in my sig for that reason. I am always surprised at the number of visitors popping to my site from here, and the PM's and emails I get - lots of people doing a bit of dabbling, and that is great for them - they enjoy it so much!

Some people get quite uppity about the concept (which of course baffles me - why? It is just another option to add in). I'll definitely react to (the rare) attacks, though - usually by 'dobbing', LOL. Not one for convoluted arguments, LOL -pointless. The sort of person who has done that are the sort that are easily offended by any sort of difference, I've noticed, so I think that is that whole other issue of being threatened by something out of of one's zone of experience, or perceived thru some other 'lens' (such as the 'must be hippy' one, :roll: ). LOL.

Some crazy threads in there about c/s - that poor woman doing it to herself - I couldn't even read the article!