Nice things to do for oneself

Sexual, physical and/or emotional abuse can unfortunately enter our lives at any time. Many people suffered as a child, for others the abuse only enters their lives as adults. Sometimes it is our loved ones suffering. Often pregnancy or the birth of a child can trigger these events. Substance abuse often plays a part. Your situation may be such that you need to talk to your health professional, or the police, but just telling someone who will listen can be helpful. We are not trained experts in this area of life, but we offer this forum as a supportive environment for you if and whenever you need it. No matter whether the abuse is new to your life, if it happened years ago, or has been ongoing - we are here to listen. *Please remember this is a public forum when posting details about yourself and your situation.
AussieBritLu
Community Educator

Re: Nice things to do for oneself

Post by AussieBritLu » Sat May 27, 2017 2:02 pm

I ate a piece of chocolate. I'd love to get back into my scrapbooking now I've finished the theory side of my BC course but I need workspace and no child interruptions.....maybe after my practicum I can achieve some scrapbooking again
DD1/2011 - FF
DS/2013 - BF 2yr4m. Weaned :-)
DD2/2016 - BF 21mths. Weaned :-/
Storked pseudo, lilypad & Vahvempi. Co-storked with Pelly for Jenbt85!
Storked by Giff for DS & Jenbt85 for DD2.

Esther

Post by Esther » Sat May 27, 2017 3:56 pm

If you made the doll blankets, could you assure yourself that one day, they'll be part of a larger blanket?
Esther
DD1 05, DS 08, BB 11, DD2 12
Storked by nat*4
Storked Ellie's Mum, foggylog, jessiemay, Ducks & nat*4

Penguin

Post by Penguin » Sat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm

Esther wrote:If you made the doll blankets, could you assure yourself that one day, they'll be part of a larger blanket?

Oh no, I have PLENTY of one-day-this-will/may-be-part-of-a-blanket. That quota is well and truly filled.
I'm hapy will doll blanket, if she's playing with them and it's bringing her joy then that's fab.
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013
DD2 Feb 2015 Storked by Parla.
Proud storker: michansam's DS3, katsbi's DD3 and Gwen's mum's DS

Penguin

Post by Penguin » Sat May 27, 2017 8:51 pm

AussieBritLu wrote:I ate a piece of chocolate. I'd love to get back into my scrapbooking now I've finished the theory side of my BC course but I need workspace and no child interruptions.....maybe after my practicum I can achieve some scrapbooking again

I find getting both workspace AND child free to intersect is challenging at the best of times.

I don't know much about scrapbooking but is there any way you can do it in small sections so you only need to get a little bit out at a time?
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013

AussieBritLu
Community Educator

Post by AussieBritLu » Sat May 27, 2017 10:00 pm

I can do a page at a time but I tend to get stuck in and do a fair few...plus I don't know how I'm going to do it until I mess around with things....it's ok...I'll get to eventually. We've got a house inspection due any day really so I need to get the house sorted out for that.
DD1/2011 - FF
DS/2013 - BF 2yr4m. Weaned :-)
DD2/2016 - BF 21mths. Weaned :-/
Storked pseudo, lilypad & Vahvempi. Co-storked with Pelly for Jenbt85!
Storked by Giff for DS & Jenbt85 for DD2.

Penguin

Post by Penguin » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:13 pm

Holy #$%^. I just watched Janet King as my nice thing. It was @#$%^&* BRILLIANT but now I have to go to bed and my heartrate is literally over 100bmp. And Marta Dusseldorp retweeted my gushing tweet. That's hardly helping me calm down lol.
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013

Mummy woo!
Site Admin

Post by Mummy woo! » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:08 am

Penguin wrote:Holy #$%^. I just watched Janet King as my nice thing. It was @#$%^&* BRILLIANT but now I have to go to bed and my heartrate is literally over 100bmp. And Marta Dusseldorp retweeted my gushing tweet. That's hardly helping me calm down lol.
You are such a fangirl!! Glad you enjoyed it. I'll be catching up later this evening. No spoilers!
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either

Penguin

Post by Penguin » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:59 pm

Mummy woo! wrote:
Penguin wrote:Holy #$%^. I just watched Janet King as my nice thing. It was @#$%^&* BRILLIANT but now I have to go to bed and my heartrate is literally over 100bmp. And Marta Dusseldorp retweeted my gushing tweet. That's hardly helping me calm down lol.
You are such a fangirl!! Glad you enjoyed it. I'll be catching up later this evening. No spoilers!
Don't look at my twitter if you don't want spoilers!

We have tickets for Scenes from a Marriage later in the year. Is there a word for fangirl- adoration- panic attack? Because I'm pretty sure I'll have one of them LIVE.
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013

Mummy woo!
Site Admin

Post by Mummy woo! » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:25 pm

Penguin wrote:
Mummy woo! wrote:
Don't look at my twitter if you don't want spoilers!

We have tickets for Scenes from a Marriage later in the year. Is there a word for fangirl- adoration- panic attack? Because I'm pretty sure I'll have one of them LIVE.
Oh dear! Sounds like a great night out though.

whitto04

Post by whitto04 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:49 am

I am on orders to do 'nice things' for myself on a regular basis.
Pooping without an audience counts, right?
DD#1-1999, BF 12 months.
DD#2-2006, BF 5 yrs 8 months
DD#3-2009 (born at home), BF 4 yrs 2 months
DD#4-2012 (born at home), no longer sharing with her sister!
11 years of continuous lactation!!!!!

Mummy woo!
Site Admin

Post by Mummy woo! » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:57 am

whitto04 wrote:I am on orders to do 'nice things' for myself on a regular basis.
Pooping without an audience counts, right?
Totally! (Take a book with you for bonus points)