Just venting i think.

A baby's refusal to feed is a distressing time. Sometimes the refusal is outright; other times just an extreme fussiness. Usually it is temporary and the baby returns to the breast. Share your experiences and support one another through this tough time here.
a_bensley

Just venting i think.

Post by a_bensley » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:26 am

well what a drama the last three (just) months have been. DS2 took to BF so well i was certain there was something wrong. well the first week was fine and i was enjoying everything going well and then we got thrush! for the next two weeks but i put my foot down and persisted to BF through the pain and the on off on off feeds we would have.
things have been fine and DS2 has been BF beautifully.
now this week he has gone back to his on off feeding, he will will latch then after few sucks shake his head off and then only open his mouth a lil or give my nipple butterfly kisses. more so with my right side then my left but i know that my right side has a faster flow and quite a heavy let down.

im trying to remain calm but im finding it hard with everything else going on in my life ATM.( so much stress in out life the DS1 aged 3) is pulling his hair out and has a bald spot on his head ( of course i blame myself). my mum has terminal cancer and its spreading fast through her body witch is quite upsetting as i had never though i could survive without my mum. we have also been told we have to move as our owner isnt renewing our lease, when i was hopping not to move for a few years as we have spent the last three years moving quite a bit..

I guess my question is would DS2 be doing this silly head shake due to him picking up on my stress/ anti depressants im on or could it just be him teething. (can see his teeth just under his gums and he is dribbling like no ones business)?
thank you

Little Tiggermum
Site Admin

Post by Little Tiggermum » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:11 am

It is probably the teething... but wow you are definitely under stress and I can see why!!!!
Is there anyone you can talk to to just offload?? Just to get some of the stress out of your body and into the air?
DD#1 Boozo 15
DD#2 Puddins 12
DS Emperor Bulldog 9
DS2 Pumba 4
Can't get to a breastfeeding support group? http://mumsright.libsyn.com

a_bensley

Post by a_bensley » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:17 am

going to find a counceller as both DP and my mum and dad have proberly herd enough lol

Monicat

Post by Monicat » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:13 pm

Hi how old is he? They can start to get really distracted as they get older, they also get more efficient so he may not be hungry as quickly as he used to? Also are you supplementing with bottles at all? (He may realise it is easier to get milk from the bottle) I would say call or email a counsellor as they will be able to offer some good suggestions.

I am so sorry about your mum, my MIL (who I adore) has terminal cancer and after some memory/speech issues and her being really tired all the time we have just had news that she has 3 tumours in her brain and 2 in her lungs now so she really doesn't have long now :( It is a horrible horrible thing to have to go through. Have you contacted the Cancer Council? My SIL spoke to someone on the phone and they were really helpful about who to get in touch with. I am sure he is picking up on your stress, but there isn't much you can change about that, it is a really stressful crappy time and nothing is going to change that unfortunately :( Feel free to vent away here, it really helps to talk about it.

a_bensley

Post by a_bensley » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:05 pm

I was thinking of calling the cancer council. im going to need some good strategist to deal with this as i cant fix this.
I had used a bottle to here and there but not more then once a day and that was a few weeks ago cuz i havnt been expressing.
love hopping on here and ready through the posts and advice, its good to know im not alone and that everyone has there own issuse :D