My savings movie vouchers

For discussion about the association in general
Penguin

My savings movie vouchers

Post by Penguin » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:33 pm

I'm thinking of buying some vouchers through My Savings for a gift for someone in NSW

1) Can I buy any brand of cinema? What's the best on for NSW?
2) Can I print it out then give it to someone or is there something that stops me doing that?
3) Do the print out vouchers look 'discount-y' or 'coupon-y' or will they be ok for a gift?
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013
DD2 Feb 2015 Storked by Parla.
Proud storker: michansam's DS3, katsbi's DD3 and Gwen's mum's DS

TheSlayer
Trainee

Post by TheSlayer » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:33 pm

I can't help you with NSW-specific (I've used the 'any state' type ones before with no problems); but the cinemas are the main reason I use MySavings.

AFAIK, you would be fine with giving it to someone - I've bought lots at one time for a group of people to go at once.

And I have never printed out - just got them sent out (and even though the thing says it can be 10-14 days, it's never taken more than 3-4 days to get to me). And they look the same as any other voucher. No names or anything that might make giving as a gift difficult.

Hope I've helped a little! I love the cinema vouchers - especially for 'fancy' cinemas :)
Proud storker for Katsbi's and PrincessSpud's youngest princesses!

Penguin

Post by Penguin » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:40 pm

TheSlayer wrote:I can't help you with NSW-specific (I've used the 'any state' type ones before with no problems); but the cinemas are the main reason I use MySavings.

AFAIK, you would be fine with giving it to someone - I've bought lots at one time for a group of people to go at once.

And I have never printed out - just got them sent out (and even though the thing says it can be 10-14 days, it's never taken more than 3-4 days to get to me). And they look the same as any other voucher. No names or anything that might make giving as a gift difficult.

Hope I've helped a little! I love the cinema vouchers - especially for 'fancy' cinemas :)
Got them sent as in physically posted? I thought the movie tickets got emailled?
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013
DD2 Feb 2015 Storked by Parla.
Proud storker: michansam's DS3, katsbi's DD3 and Gwen's mum's DS

TheSlayer
Trainee

Post by TheSlayer » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:01 pm

No I've always had them mailed out - I just remembered that I pay the little extra to have them either express or registered (can't remember; just means I have the added security of having to sign for them); and get them sent out.

I've never noticed an option to have them emailed.
Proud storker for Katsbi's and PrincessSpud's youngest princesses!