Training hours question

For discussion about the association in general
Penguin

Training hours question

Post by Penguin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:22 pm

Does ABA training count towards the 15hrs of traing for CCR (or is it CCB? Whichever one you need to be training or working for)

If so, how do they work out that you're doing 15 hrs a week? Do you need to keep a diary of what you do? What if you do more that 15hrs one week, and less than 15hrs or nothing at all another week?
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013
DD2 Feb 2015 Storked by Parla.
Proud storker: michansam's DS3, katsbi's DD3 and Gwen's mum's DS

Mummy woo!
Site Admin

Post by Mummy woo! » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:49 pm

It should do - ABA is a registered training organisation.

You might also be able to claim for volunteering jobs - Centrelink of FAO should be able to tell you.
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:19 pm

Yes, it counts. You only have to *average* 15 hours per week, it doesn't actually have to *be* exactly 15 hours per week. Any volunteer work also counts, so if you do the group bulletin or prepare talks or whatever, all that counts.

You'd be pretty unlucky to be audited, I get the impression most people take a rough stab at it and don't worry too much. If you were audited you can either show a diary, or just get your supervisor to write something. A friend of mine was claiming her volunteer position as our play group organizer, which was NO WHERE near 15 hours per week - more like 4. She just got a signed stat dec from our group president.
Evie is six!
Zoe is four!

Penguin

Post by Penguin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:12 pm

THanks all.

Does that mean I can count forum time as preparation/ background reading? (I'm half serious)

I was asking because I'm doing a BF and Work session tomorrow (which I am planning now :oops: ) and I want to convince some people to come and train with me.
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013

mooki
Site Admin

Post by mooki » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:00 pm

does this mean youre going to start doing some more training stuff? :-D

Penguin

Post by Penguin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:42 pm

mooki wrote:does this mean youre going to start doing some more training stuff? :-D
As in, doing more than applying and doing one assessment in six months?

I work more than 15 hrs a week anyway, so it's not an issue for me. I just wanted to make sure that I said the right thing tomorrow when I try to convince other people!
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013

FeeBee

Post by FeeBee » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:54 am

I have read and re-read all the info I can find on these, and as far as I can see, you don't need 15hrs a week to claim the Rebate (see first link), you and your partner just have to be doing something (work, study, volunteer). To get the Benefit (2nd link), for less than 24hrs/week childcare in a centre/FDC etc (approved care), you don't have to meet the work/study test; to get more than 24hrs care with benefit, then you have to do the 15hrs. Of course, there is also means testing I think for the benefit.

Clear as mud?? I put my original claim for the rebate in ages ago and don't remember providing any proof of study beyond filling in a form.

Hope that helps

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/custome ... study-test

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/custome ... study-test