Change in routine

For discussion about the association in general
Tnam11

Change in routine

Post by Tnam11 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:32 pm

Hello...my 4 month old has routinely gone to sleep at night before 7:30 since she was 5 weeks old and sleeping through until morning. She has decided to go to sleep at 10pm for the last 2 weeks. I'm not coping with the change as I have been spoilt with her early to bed everyother week. Any advice on how to get back on track is welcome
Thank you all xx

ClOuD_NiNe

Re: Change in routine

Post by ClOuD_NiNe » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:56 pm

Hi! It sounds like you are experiencing the "4 Month Monsters" (otherwise known as the 4 month sleep regression or the 19 week Wonder Week). Lots of mums find that it's a very common age for previously good sleepers to start waking more at night, or in your case wanting to party until late in the evening. It's so common that we even have a sticky...

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=54877

You might find some good ideas in there on how to cope with sudden changes in sleeping patterns. When my babies went through this stage it helped me to lower my expectations and read up on normal infant sleep. I co-slept at times to deal with the increased waking, and tried to nap during the day when baby was sleeping.

I also repeated to myself a mantra that I picked up from this forum... This too shall pass :D
DS July 11 - bf for 10 months
Storked by the lovely mooki
~WildChild~ was my storker