FIFO - expressing milk for away times

Share you hints and tips for expressing and storing breastmilk. Whether expressing just occasionally or exclusively, share and support one another here.

Re: FIFO - expressing milk for away times

Postby AussieBritLu » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:16 pm

^^^^ this
DD1/2011 - FF
DS/2013 - BF 2yr4m. Weaned :-)
DD2/2016 - BF'ing
Storked pseudo, lilypad & Vahvempi. Co-storked with Pelly for Jenbt85!
Storked by Giff for DS & Jenbt85 for DD2.
AussieBritLu
Community Educator

Postby mel_rocks » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:10 am

Glad your excited! Good luck getting back to work. One of my favourite bits about FIFO is that when you're home, you're home - no rushing round getting ready for work in the mornings or fretting about getting dinner ready. Enjoy :-)
mel_rocks

Postby LilyandCharlimum » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:00 pm

Thanks again for your response Mel. I have had a few people give me some negative comments in the last week which made me start to question if it was "all worth it." But than i look at my Charli girl and think, i want her to have the best start to life i can give her. And if i can keep the milk up to her than i have played an important part in her life. I hear you in regards to FIFO meaning when your home you are home.
Thankfully i can say my hubby is much more supportive this time around, I just need a bit more sleep, Charli to realise that sleep and the food mummy is cooking her is yummy too, plus maybe her big sister eating properly to and my life would be better than winning lotto. :)
LilyandCharlimum

Postby LilyandCharlimum » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:45 pm

Got made redundant, so unless something else comes up not sure that I will get to do what i asked about on this.
LilyandCharlimum

Postby AussieBritLu » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:47 pm

Oh sorry to hear that. At least you have the information and a plan if something else does come up.
DD1/2011 - FF
DS/2013 - BF 2yr4m. Weaned :-)
DD2/2016 - BF'ing
Storked pseudo, lilypad & Vahvempi. Co-storked with Pelly for Jenbt85!
Storked by Giff for DS & Jenbt85 for DD2.
AussieBritLu
Community Educator

Postby LilyandCharlimum » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:46 am

I hope something does come up, I literally since i started working have been only without a job for 3 days before and that freaked me, because i like to work. Maternity leave and looking after my girls is great, but where I live is very isolated so going away to work was my social time also. Although I can go to the local playgroup for social times, sometimes i feel like an outsider there.
LilyandCharlimum

Postby ClOuD_NiNe » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:59 am

I'm sorry to hear that. The mining industry is looking pretty grim at the moment, I know a lot of people out of work. I hope you find something soon, in the meantime at least you get to enjoy your bubba and not have to worry about the logistics of expressing whilst away :D
DS July 11 - bf for 10 months
Storked by the lovely mooki
~WildChild~ was my storker
ClOuD_NiNe

Previous

Return to Expressing and storing breastmilk