ameda purely yours troubleshooting

Share you hints and tips for expressing and storing breastmilk. Whether expressing just occasionally or exclusively, share and support one another here.
Penguin

Re: ameda purely yours troubleshooting

Post by Penguin » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:57 am

PellyintheWilderness wrote:
Penguin wrote:I'm getting a bit worried now. Have been communicating with MD (who are run off their feet). MD have no spare parts in stock, and Ameda have been bought by someone else and are in the process of changing hands so they aren't filling orders at the moment. I'm waiting to hear back for MD but I'm panicking a bit that MD will be closed by the time Ameda are operating again. Not sure if I'm getting new diaphragms or a replacement pump. I hope this all works out.
Can you just get a refund?
Possibly, but MD can't get on to the person who do warranty claims at Ameda. Waiting for MD to call me back today.
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013
DD2 Feb 2015 Storked by Parla.
Proud storker: michansam's DS3, katsbi's DD3 and Gwen's mum's DS

Penguin

Post by Penguin » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:46 pm

At this stage I don't think I'll be able to get a refund without playing hard ball which I don't really want to do (yet). MD are still trying to sort it out but they are run off their feet and things at Ameda are complex too. I shall wait and see...
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013

PellyintheWilderness

Post by PellyintheWilderness » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:54 pm

Penguin wrote:At this stage I don't think I'll be able to get a refund without playing hard ball which I don't really want to do (yet). MD are still trying to sort it out but they are run off their feet and things at Ameda are complex too. I shall wait and see...
Always difficult to play hard ball when a not-for-profit/ good cause is involved. On the other hand, it is a business and if you're entitled to a refund, that's not an unreasonable thing to expect.
Proud co-storker for AndyPandy (with mooki)
Proud co-storker for Jenbt85 (with AussieBritLu)

DD May 2005 bf 12 months
DS1 May 2005 bf 37 months
DS2 Nov 2011 bf 36 months
DS3 Nov 2011 bf 38 months

Penguin

Post by Penguin » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:35 pm

Have been paying ohone tag with MD and the new ameda distributors. i'm getting a new complete collection kit hand delivered this arvo. If that doesn't fix it, i get a loan of the hospital grade pump until the purely yours are back in stock, then replaced.

I don't know if the problem lies with the actual pump part, or a component of the collection kit.
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013

Penguin

Post by Penguin » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:21 pm

Argh! The problem is happening again and the distributor said they won't refund me because they didn't sell it to me. :(
I just want to buy a different brand and be done with it.
Waiting for HO to call me back.
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013

Esther

Post by Esther » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:04 pm

Oh goodness Penguin! You've had a terrible time of it. Sounds like a complete dud :/ Good luck!
Esther
DD1 05, DS 08, BB 11, DD2 12
Storked by nat*4
Storked Ellie's Mum, foggylog, jessiemay, Ducks & nat*4

Mummy woo!
Site Admin

Post by Mummy woo! » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:17 pm

Penguin wrote:Argh! The problem is happening again and the distributor said they won't refund me because they didn't sell it to me. :(
I don't think they can do that. It might be worth checking your state consumer affairs people.
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either

Ronale
Counsellor

Post by Ronale » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:30 pm

This may be a bigger issue, as apparently the Australian distributor is changing (and I'm not talking MD issues here either). I'd definitely be following up with consumer affairs to work out your rights.
DS 06.10
DS2 01.13
DS3 07.15 Storked by the fantabulous moOKI

Penguin

Post by Penguin » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:04 pm

Ronale wrote:This may be a bigger issue, as apparently the Australian distributor is changing (and I'm not talking MD issues here either). I'd definitely be following up with consumer affairs to work out your rights.
They've already changed I've been dealing with the new distributors for a few months.
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013

Penguin

Post by Penguin » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:10 pm

Mummy woo! wrote:
Penguin wrote:Argh! The problem is happening again and the distributor said they won't refund me because they didn't sell it to me. :(
I don't think they can do that. It might be worth checking your state consumer affairs people.
The new distributor said that I needed to put it all in writing and they would pass on to ameda to consider. The distributor will replace but not refund, and given it's already been replaced twice i think it's a product flaw so i want a refund. i'll challenge to get my $300 back if i must, but that could take months and i need a working pump now. the lady at the distributors said to buy a new one but i can't do that til i get the $ back from the first one.

I asked for a refund from MD at the time when the distributor was changing but they said no because they didn't want to be stuck with faulty stock if they closed before the new distributor took over. Given the circumstance at the time i didn't fight it and i dealt with the new distributors directly.
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013

Ronale
Counsellor

Post by Ronale » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:22 pm

Penguin wrote:
Ronale wrote:This may be a bigger issue, as apparently the Australian distributor is changing (and I'm not talking MD issues here either). I'd definitely be following up with consumer affairs to work out your rights.
They've already changed I've been dealing with the new distributors for a few months.
All good then, just wondered when you posted that the distributor wasn't happy whether it was then a double whammy of not my problems.

I know lots of people have used them happily, but this is making me reconsider recommending them... customer service when things go wrong is part of what you purchase. Is it worth an fb post?
DS 06.10
DS2 01.13
DS3 07.15 Storked by the fantabulous moOKI

mooki
Site Admin

Post by mooki » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:24 pm

What a big PITA Penguin :(

Penguin

Post by Penguin » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:49 pm

Ronale wrote:
Penguin wrote:
All good then, just wondered when you posted that the distributor wasn't happy whether it was then a double whammy of not my problems.

I know lots of people have used them happily, but this is making me reconsider recommending them... customer service when things go wrong is part of what you purchase. Is it worth an fb post?

Yeah, combination of 'Um, talk to those guys'. The distributors were happy to replace, but given that we've done that twice before, I'm reluctant to just keep replacing.

I've left a positive comment on the distributor's fb a few months ago - the managing director dropped off a collection kit to my house, and that's pretty up there for customer service.

I think it's the refund that's the prob. They said they will talk to ameda for me, but who knows how long that will take.

Someone from HO is going to call me back, so perhaps ABA can give me a refund and then they can follow up reimbursment with ameda.
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013

Penguin

Post by Penguin » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:47 pm

:( A fortnight after I contacted them with my urgent request and several chasings-up, Head Office have told me to deal directly with Ameda. I would have thought that ABA would have been more sympathetic and supportive to the whole "I need a working breastpump so I can feed my baby" situation :(
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013

Mummy woo!
Site Admin

Post by Mummy woo! » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:29 pm

Penguin wrote::( A fortnight after I contacted them with my urgent request and several chasings-up, Head Office have told me to deal directly with Ameda. I would have thought that ABA would have been more sympathetic and supportive to the whole "I need a working breastpump so I can feed my baby" situation :(
Do you want a refund at this point? I'd suggest this is a major failure and you should be able to get a refund from the merchant or manufacturer - you could call your local fair trading office for advice - ours are excellent and very helpful.
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either