ameda purely yours troubleshooting

Share you hints and tips for expressing and storing breastmilk. Whether expressing just occasionally or exclusively, share and support one another here.
User avatar
JennyD
Counsellor
Posts: 4826
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:47 pm
Location: Rural WA
Contact:

Re: ameda purely yours troubleshooting

Post by JennyD » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:46 pm

Actually, I do remember my white valves dying a couple of times. I did have to replace them :) I actually kept spares. I found that squishing them together properly before use helped, so just gently pinching the bottom of them as I put everything together. Its so long ago now :)

User avatar
Penguin
Posts: 10031
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:21 pm
Contact:

Re: ameda purely yours troubleshooting

Post by Penguin » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:49 pm

Pump is doing it again :(
I'm pissed off. I didn't spend $300 on a pump to have one that doesn't work.
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013
DD2 Feb 2015 Storked by Parla.
Proud storker: michansam's DS3, katsbi's DD3 and Gwen's mum's DS
Image

User avatar
Penguin
Posts: 10031
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:21 pm
Contact:

Re: ameda purely yours troubleshooting

Post by Penguin » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:58 pm

#$%^ this is frustrating. I have to pull the top off the apparatus every 3-4 pumps. I've tried drying it and squeezing the new valves. I'm pissed. I've got less that 100ml tonight, usually I get 250-350ml easy.
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013
DD2 Feb 2015 Storked by Parla.
Proud storker: michansam's DS3, katsbi's DD3 and Gwen's mum's DS
Image

User avatar
Esther
Posts: 11292
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:10 pm
Location: The better side of the river ;)

Re: ameda purely yours troubleshooting

Post by Esther » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:13 pm

How frustrating! What was the next step after replacing valves? Is pump still under warranty?
Esther
DD1 05, DS 08, BB 11, DD2 12
Storked by nat*4
Storked Ellie's Mum, foggylog, jessiemay, Ducks & nat*4

User avatar
Mummy woo!
Site Admin
Posts: 13644
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:23 am
Location: NSW

Re: ameda purely yours troubleshooting

Post by Mummy woo! » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:22 pm

Take it back penguin - ask for an exchange. It is ridiculous that it doesn't work properly.
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either

User avatar
Ducks
Posts: 1551
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:25 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: ameda purely yours troubleshooting

Post by Ducks » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:10 am

Yep. Take it back. I used the same brand 2-3 tunes a day for months and hadno pproblems. Definitely something wrong.
Image
Image

User avatar
Penguin
Posts: 10031
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:21 pm
Contact:

Re: ameda purely yours troubleshooting

Post by Penguin » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:33 am

I'll call md this afternoon.
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013
DD2 Feb 2015 Storked by Parla.
Proud storker: michansam's DS3, katsbi's DD3 and Gwen's mum's DS
Image

User avatar
Penguin
Posts: 10031
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:21 pm
Contact:

Re: ameda purely yours troubleshooting

Post by Penguin » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:34 am

Esther wrote:How frustrating! What was the next step after replacing valves? Is pump still under warranty?
Yep, just bought it.
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013
DD2 Feb 2015 Storked by Parla.
Proud storker: michansam's DS3, katsbi's DD3 and Gwen's mum's DS
Image

User avatar
Penguin
Posts: 10031
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:21 pm
Contact:

Re: ameda purely yours troubleshooting

Post by Penguin » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:47 am

Oh no, I just saw the email re MD closing :(
Perhaps I need to call them sooner rather than later.
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013
DD2 Feb 2015 Storked by Parla.
Proud storker: michansam's DS3, katsbi's DD3 and Gwen's mum's DS
Image

User avatar
Mummy woo!
Site Admin
Posts: 13644
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:23 am
Location: NSW

Re: ameda purely yours troubleshooting

Post by Mummy woo! » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:14 pm

Penguin wrote:Oh no, I just saw the email re MD closing :(
Perhaps I need to call them sooner rather than later.
I guess so! They should still honour the warranty, but it might be better to get a refund and source from elsewhere so you have some ongoing support.
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either

User avatar
Penguin
Posts: 10031
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:21 pm
Contact:

Re: ameda purely yours troubleshooting

Post by Penguin » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:02 pm

Finally got to talk with MD - they are trying to send me new diaphragms, but they are out of stock and apparently the company who looks after Ameda in Australia is changing hands or something, so who knows how long it will be.
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013
DD2 Feb 2015 Storked by Parla.
Proud storker: michansam's DS3, katsbi's DD3 and Gwen's mum's DS
Image

User avatar
Parla.
Counsellor
Posts: 1938
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: ameda purely yours troubleshooting

Post by Parla. » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:49 pm

Penguin wrote:Finally got to talk with MD - they are trying to send me new diaphragms, but they are out of stock and apparently the company who looks after Ameda in Australia is changing hands or something, so who knows how long it will be.
Do you think that will solve the problem?
Speak to a breastfeeding counsellor anytime - 1800 686 268

The Penguin chick is a very proud big sister 8)

User avatar
Penguin
Posts: 10031
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:21 pm
Contact:

Re: ameda purely yours troubleshooting

Post by Penguin » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:00 pm

Parla. wrote:
Penguin wrote:Finally got to talk with MD - they are trying to send me new diaphragms, but they are out of stock and apparently the company who looks after Ameda in Australia is changing hands or something, so who knows how long it will be.
Do you think that will solve the problem?
I don't know. I'll try with Jenny's spare parts tonight but I'm not hopeful.
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013
DD2 Feb 2015 Storked by Parla.
Proud storker: michansam's DS3, katsbi's DD3 and Gwen's mum's DS
Image

User avatar
Penguin
Posts: 10031
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:21 pm
Contact:

Re: ameda purely yours troubleshooting

Post by Penguin » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:27 am

I'm getting a bit worried now. Have been communicating with MD (who are run off their feet). MD have no spare parts in stock, and Ameda have been bought by someone else and are in the process of changing hands so they aren't filling orders at the moment. I'm waiting to hear back for MD but I'm panicking a bit that MD will be closed by the time Ameda are operating again. Not sure if I'm getting new diaphragms or a replacement pump. I hope this all works out.
DD1 May 2011
Super baby Dec 2013
DD2 Feb 2015 Storked by Parla.
Proud storker: michansam's DS3, katsbi's DD3 and Gwen's mum's DS
Image

User avatar
PellyintheWilderness
Posts: 1973
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 10:25 pm
Location: Northern Tasmania

Re: ameda purely yours troubleshooting

Post by PellyintheWilderness » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:27 am

Penguin wrote:I'm getting a bit worried now. Have been communicating with MD (who are run off their feet). MD have no spare parts in stock, and Ameda have been bought by someone else and are in the process of changing hands so they aren't filling orders at the moment. I'm waiting to hear back for MD but I'm panicking a bit that MD will be closed by the time Ameda are operating again. Not sure if I'm getting new diaphragms or a replacement pump. I hope this all works out.
Can you just get a refund?
Proud co-storker for AndyPandy (with mooki)
Proud co-storker for Jenbt85 (with AussieBritLu)

DD May 2005 bf 12 months
DS1 May 2005 bf 37 months
DS2 Nov 2011 bf 36 months
DS3 Nov 2011 bf 38 months

Post Reply