Exclusive Punping due to vasospasm

Share you hints and tips for expressing and storing breastmilk. Whether expressing just occasionally or exclusively, share and support one another here.
rainbow_mamma

Exclusive Punping due to vasospasm

Post by rainbow_mamma » Mon May 13, 2013 12:14 pm

I'm looking for other women who have vasospasm and are now pumping exclusively.
After treating myself and bubs for thrush and 5 weeks after her birth I found out I have vasospasm happening as I have a family history of raynauds phenomenon. I got myself onto fish oil, bought breats warmers and re-hired teh breast pump we had taken back the day before. So far teh pain has been reduced due to less time on the breast compared to bub.

Just thought it would be nice to talk with someone in my shoes.

Parla.
Counsellor

Post by Parla. » Mon May 13, 2013 1:31 pm

Hello rainbow_mumma, welcome to the forum. It sounds like you've had a couple of really big hurdles and you're very committed to giving your baby breast milk.

There are several of us on the forum who have exclusively expressed for our babies, for all sorts of reasons. See this big long thread here: http://www.lrc.asn.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12229

I only exclusively expressed for 12 weeks before I was able to transition baby to the breast. I didn't have vasospasm, I was expressing because my baby was in hospital and took a long time to get the hang of breastfeeding, but I'm happy to talk about my expressing experiences.

I'm sure others will be along to say hello too!

fellare

Post by fellare » Mon May 13, 2013 1:47 pm

Just wanted to give you my support. I have no experience with your situation but know how expressing is and it must be such a hassle to EE.

there is lots of support here and plenty of mums who EE'd until 2 years, so it's certainly doable.

Are you going to your local group? There will be support there too.
Boobymonster weaned at 3.5yrs.
Ms Firestorm born august 2015
Whatever you perceive to believe, dream.... be free.... (eMDee)

rainbow_mamma

Post by rainbow_mamma » Mon May 13, 2013 3:11 pm

Thank you both for replying. I will head over there.
I think finding my local group would be great. I just can't find enough hours in the day to do everything right now.

Parla.
Counsellor

Post by Parla. » Mon May 13, 2013 3:31 pm

rainbow_mamma wrote:I just can't find enough hours in the day to do everything right now.
It can be very challenging with a new baby alone, expressing adds a whole dimension. I have actually expressed at a local ABA meeting, because otherwise I would have to leave it too long between expressing sessions. There were a lot of curious toddlers that day :)

strolltotheshops

Post by strolltotheshops » Tue May 14, 2013 2:57 am

I don't have experience with vasospasm or exclusive expressing, but wanted to offer hugs. It's great you have a plan of action. Hopefully some more gaps of time appear in your day as time goes on.

kaybee

Post by kaybee » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:12 pm

I haven't exclusively expressed but I know the pain of vasospasm so that I understand!

I hope things get better for you soon.