Trouble letting down

Share you hints and tips for expressing and storing breastmilk. Whether expressing just occasionally or exclusively, share and support one another here.

Trouble letting down

Postby Me&co » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:18 am

I am really struggling to let down when using pump. I'm fine if I pump on one side if I'm nursing on the other side but when it's just me and the pump I can't trigger my let down. I try to relax, I also try doing the same routine every time to 'condition' my body to let down when pumping but so far nothing has helped. Any tips and tricks would be really appreciated.
Me&co

Re: Trouble letting down

Postby Esther » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:39 am

It was trashy mags here :oops:, or reading the forum (best let downs for me :-D) or talking to a (understanding) friend on the phone. I've also heard of some mums watching comedies.

Sometimes the conditioning idea works, but from my own experience, the more distraction the better!

Good luck. Let us know how you go.
Esther
DD1 05, DS 08, BB 11, DD2 12
Storked by nat*4
Storked Ellie's Mum, foggylog, jessiemay, Ducks & nat*4
Esther

Re: Trouble letting down

Postby MamaMagoO? » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:16 am

For me warmth really helped. Have you tried warming you breast before pumping? My absolute best pumping sessions where done in the bathroom as soon as I got out of the shower. Showers always triggered a let down for me so I decided to take advantage of that.
Little Magoo 07/08. Breastfed for 3yrs3mths.
Miss Magoo 10/11. Breastfed for 4yrs3mths.
MamaMagoO?

Return to Expressing and storing breastmilk