Update: trigger warning, news about my friends dd

For threads that we have been asked to delete by the originater for various reasons. Not removed due to any breach of guidelines as such.
pseudo

Re: devastating news about my friends dd

Post by pseudo » Wed May 27, 2015 6:36 pm

You're a wonderful friend Dig Dig xx.

Storked by the lovely Lu!

DigDig

Post by DigDig » Thu May 28, 2015 5:23 pm

pseudo wrote:You're a wonderful friend Dig Dig xx.
Thanks. I don't feel like it. I just feel so helpless.
DD - BF 23 months 4 1/2yrs
DD2 - BFeeding

DigDig

Post by DigDig » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:49 pm

Well I finally came up with an idea my friend liked. I'm putting together a box of activities and toys for her daughter. Things like books and stickers. Maybe a few toys too. If anyone has anything they think is a must please let me know. I want to drop it off to her mum's on Saturday. Money is no object given the situation.
DD2 - BFeeding

Jenbt85

Post by Jenbt85 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:08 am

What did you end up buying? How are you and your friend doing?
DS - bf 18.5 months (565 days)!
DD - breastfeeding

Storked by the fabulous forumites: AussieBritLu and PellyintheWilderness

Openly storking AussieBritLu

mummymanda

Post by mummymanda » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:41 pm

Just saw this post now sorry I guess you have already bought stuff. But playdough, puzzles, paint with water, stickers, paper dolls, threading, small dollhouse, small set of larger click together blocks, bubbles, toy cars, toy animals. I suppose anything that can be played on small scale on the tray table. What about an tablet? Do they have one of them. Could be handy for on demand distraction video clips to possibly do any medical procedures.

Wishing your friend all the best at this time. Well done for being do thoughtful

Little Tiggermum
Site Admin

Post by Little Tiggermum » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:55 am

DigDig wrote: I can't begin to understand what you all are going through, the thoughts emotions or even the physical effects on you all. What I do really really want you to know is that I'm here for you. In whatever way you need or want. There may be nothing I can do, or say. But no matter what I will always be your friend. No matter what (my daughter) will always be (your daughters) friend.

You may not want or be able to talk to me for a day, a week, a month or more. That's okay. No matter what we will still be friends. You can call anytime and talk or say nothing at all. We could talk about the weather Or nothing at all. .. ...

I wish I didn't have to rely on you to tell me what you need. I wish I could just magically know. I wish I knew how to best support you. But I don't. So instead, I'll just keep reminding you I'm always here for you my friend. And if you want me to stop telling you that I'll stop, but I'll stay your friend. I love you. .. xxoo
*wipes tears*
that is really beautiful
DD#1 Boozo 15
DD#2 Puddins 12
DS Emperor Bulldog 9
DS2 Pumba 4
Can't get to a breastfeeding support group? http://mumsright.libsyn.com

DigDig

Post by DigDig » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:48 pm

Sorry for the slow replies. I've been offline for a little while. All okay though.
I ended up getting a lot of interactive books, I really like the ones by Herve Tullet, and there were others with train tracks and a train etc. A sticker activity book, puzzles, musical instruments because I know she likes those, more stickers, a toy dog that plays music and reads and comes with books. They have tablets so I didn't get that. Apparently my friends DD really liked the things, so that was great! I spoke to her too. It was nice to know that my messages help her even if she doesn't always respond.

Thank you all for your love and support. xx
DD2 - BFeeding

DigDig

Post by DigDig » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:03 pm

Thanks Little Tiggermum ..
DD2 - BFeeding

pseudo

Post by pseudo » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:15 am

You're a wonderful friend DigDig and you sound like just the sort of friend she needs at the moment xx.

Storked by the lovely Lu!

DigDig

Post by DigDig » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:42 pm

Thank you pseudo. I'm trying to be the best friend I can be. It helps now she has told me what thoughts help and hinder her.
DD2 - BFeeding

Nicwwjd

Post by Nicwwjd » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:56 pm

How thoughtful and caring! Definitely a wonderful friend! So often we think of doing these things but don't follow through- well done on Turning your thought into actions and reminding your friend and her family that they aren't forgotten. And I love the list of toys and books you got for the little girl! Ps-you write eloquently!
DS Feb 2012
DD Sept 2014

DigDig

Post by DigDig » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:31 pm

Thanks nicwwjd. :oops:
DD2 - BFeeding

DigDig

Post by DigDig » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:25 pm

I don't who who else to tell, which is why I'm telling all you you.
They had an MRI yesterday, and it turns out the tumor has grown 30%. The drs are apparently taking palliative care. My friend is getting a 2nd opinion from the US.

This news silences me. I've always had hope, I've always believed that she would pull through and be fine .... until now. Of course I am continuing to tell my friend I have hope, and will continue to support her as I always have, by sending her words of strength hope and love.

On the inside though I have started mourning. Just so very very sad ..... I feel heartbroken. I can't even imagine what she is feeling. I'll just keep telling her I have hope. I'll keep sending her vibes of strength and love, and support. I'll keep being what she needs her friends to be.

Thanks for listening (reading)....
DD2 - BFeeding

Jenbt85

Post by Jenbt85 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:42 pm

I can't even begin to imagine that, it's my worst nightmare. I'm so sorry to read that, I had been hoping for the best for your friend's daughter. What kind of support do you need through this? We're all here listening xx
DS - bf 18.5 months (565 days)!
DD - breastfeeding

Storked by the fabulous forumites: AussieBritLu and PellyintheWilderness

Openly storking AussieBritLu

DigDig

Post by DigDig » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:05 pm

Thanks Jen. I saw your message earlier, just didn't know how to reply. Thanks for your support. She messaged saying they are going to try and get into a state of the art program in nsw.
DD2 - BFeeding