Vitamin D and pregnancy: The knowledge, attitudes and ......

For threads that we have been asked to delete by the originater for various reasons. Not removed due to any breach of guidelines as such.
jennylee
Site Admin

Vitamin D and pregnancy: The knowledge, attitudes and ......

Post by jennylee » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:19 pm

Vitamin D and pregnancy: The knowledge, attitudes and behaviour of Australian women

What is the purpose of the research?
The purpose of this research is to understand how much pregnant Australian women know about the good and bad effects of sun exposure, and how this affects their attitudes and behavior toward sun exposure and diet intake, both during pregnancy and in the early postpartum period.
Who is funding this research?
The project is funded by Higher Degree Research Student Budget of QUT. The funding body will not have access to personally identifying information about you that may be obtained during the project.
Are you looking for people like me?
The research team is looking for women living in Australia, who are at least 3 months of pregnant, aged 18 years and over, to take part in a research project.
What will you ask me to do?
Your participation will involve the following steps. First, log on to our website and complete the first questionnaires. Second, 1-2 months after your baby is born, we will invite you to complete a further online survey to look at your attitudes and understanding about sun exposure and diet in regard to your new infant.
Are there any risks for me in taking part?
There are no risks beyond normal day-to-day living associated with your participation in this project. However, your participation may involve minimal discomfort when reflecting on aspects of your medical and pregnant history. If you feel any discomfort, you may stop completing the questionnaire.
Are there any benefits for me in taking part?
This study will contribute to new knowledge about sun exposure and vitamin D among pregnant women in Australia.
Will I be compensated for my time?
NO
I am interested – what should I do next?
If you would like to participate in this study, please click the link and follow our guideline to complete the survey http://www.cresunandhealth.org.au/engage_with_us/ , or please contact Dr. Yue Wu through the email ( y14.wu@student.qut.edu.au ) or phone (07 3138 0330).
Australian Breastfeeding Association
http://www.breastfeeding.asn.au