Official ABA Bookclub Thread

For threads that we have been asked to delete by the originater for various reasons. Not removed due to any breach of guidelines as such.
Mummy woo!
Site Admin

Post by Mummy woo! » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:48 am

We got our books on Friday - thanks Mel and Tom. I love Pamela Allen. Oobiwoo loves the bear - but he thinks it is a puppy. Then, he thinks everything is a puppy or a car (beep beep!)
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either

Pinktulip

Post by Pinktulip » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:24 pm

MaksMommy wrote:
Pinktulip wrote:Oh and I love the pic of the two girls playing it is precious.
Yeah, Makky *has* to draw on everything I am writing on. I had to make sure she didn't draw on your envelope, or she would have crossed out all the writing :lol:
I think that makes it all the more special cause Makky has drawn on it....

NightOwl

Post by NightOwl » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:21 am

Thanks so much for Samuel's book Angie! He LOVES it although I'm keeping his strong grabby hands away from the flaps at this stage! I have taken a photo and will post it soon :)

Your crocheting is gorgeous and Isabelle LOVES her bag! Thank you so much it was very sweet of you to send her something too. She wore it around all day when she went "to do some business" or "to the shops" - and was very serious about it too. Do you crochet from a pattern or did you just teach yourself?
*DD 04/06 - mimi for 3 years, 7 months
*DS1 02/08 - mimi for 21 months
*DS2 05/10 - mimi with a nipple shield for 18 months
*DS3 05/12- mimi for a year

Pinktulip

Post by Pinktulip » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:19 am

Isabelle'sMummy wrote:Thanks so much for Samuel's book Angie! He LOVES it although I'm keeping his strong grabby hands away from the flaps at this stage! I have taken a photo and will post it soon :)
I am so glad he likes it and yes I can understand about the flaps I never even thought of that *sorry* would love to see a pic.....
Isabelle'sMummy wrote:Your crocheting is gorgeous and Isabelle LOVES her bag! Thank you so much it was very sweet of you to send her something too. She wore it around all day when she went "to do some business" or "to the shops" - and was very serious about it too. Do you crochet from a pattern or did you just teach yourself?
I am so glad that she liked it..... I sort of tought myself. I did have my grandmother teach me when I was a lot younger like 12 but of course I havnt done any for ages and that video program is fantastic for teaching that is how I learnt to do the roses. The bag I just sort of worked out myself very easy and so quick.

I am so glad you got it I was getting a little worried.

NightOwl

Post by NightOwl » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:54 pm

Did you send it ages ago? I wonder if they held it in your post office for a while 'cos the date on it said October 14. I have found my PO does that some times! :evil:

This is Samuel reading his book in his new PJ's from his Aunty Val!

(not the best quality as it's taken with DPs camera phone)

Isabelle of course would NOT pose with her bag but I can assure you she hasn't taken it off since I gave it to her!

Pinktulip

Post by Pinktulip » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:40 pm

OH tiff I am so so so happy that he loves his book.... I cant believe how big he his and sitting up and all wow.....

I bet she hasnt taken the bag off Bella has been pestering me to make her one.... One day I will get to it.

I sent it more then a week before I think it was last monday so it has taken 9 days to get there. Oh well you have it now that is all that matters.

JulieL

Post by JulieL » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:12 am

Ok, roll call who hasn't received their books yet!!

Giggles
Counsellor

Post by Giggles » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:10 pm

I have thanks btw! i'm enjoying my book and about halfway through it! :)

stork..stork..stork...

NightOwl

Post by NightOwl » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:25 pm

Isabelle got her book the other day!

Thanks so much Mummy woo! and your DS :) I had to PM Julie to find out who are book club person was 'cos I know your DS as Oobiwoo and didn't recognise his actual name! :oops:

Isabelle is reading her John Brown, Rose, and the black cat (she has the title slightly wrong!) to anyone who will listen - particularly Samuel. She loves it!

I love bookclub because we get books that I remember loving as a child but had totally forgotten about!

Mummy woo!
Site Admin

Post by Mummy woo! » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:29 pm

I love that we get to know new and old familiar authors too.

Glad that Isabelle loves her book. I had forgotten how exciting a new book can be for the Oobiwoo - we hadn't bought him a new one for a while and he looooves his new book club book (thanks again mel)

How cool is the Oobiwoo that he has a 'screenname' before he can even read?!
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either

thealmondtree

Post by thealmondtree » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:52 pm

Aargh. Me bad. I've just realised that the book for my person is still sitting on the kitchen table. I'm afraid it will be Friday or Saturday before I can get to the post office.
Mum to Theo (born 21.04.06)