Lots going on

For threads that we have been asked to delete by the originater for various reasons. Not removed due to any breach of guidelines as such.
DigDig

Lots going on

Post by DigDig » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:24 pm

(Don't know why I wanted privacy for this post, but felt like it was the best place)
Hi All,

So I just realised that with over 4 pages of unread posts, I haven't logged onto the forum since about July! I've been trying to avoid using my phone as much as possible because my DD was starting to use it all the time, and I don't want her getting into bad habits. And I've stopped taking it into the bedroom because friends and relatives (local and international) would sent messages all through the night, plus I'd keep thinking of people I'd need to message or emails I needed to send. Given my baby is due in a little over a week, and my 2 1/2 ear old DD jumps into bed with us every night at some point in the night, I was getting very little sleep anyway.

Plus, there have been drama's going on (again) ... same as last time just before my DD was born, mum had one of her super angry fits 3 weeks before for first DD was due and ran off overseas to visit my brother, and this time, right on schedule. 3 weeks before my baby is due mum had another massive angry attack on me. Dejavu (don't know correct spelling). I was actually okay with it, recognising it was her not me (even though mums can really say the most hurtful mean things). Made me think I could get away with not having her around much after bub came because we both found it hard last time, and mum isn't good at controlling her emotions so it was difficult dealing with her and the change in lifestyle. Now she's back and happy again, but I'm just not ready to open my arms. I can't be on guard with what I say all the time,especially when I know I'll be so tired, and I don't want her blow ups around the baby or my DD (or even me!). But it doesn't bother me too much, just got to figure out how to keep at bay while making it look she is really involved.

I've been in and out of hospital too, been a very challenging pregnancy with HG, and all sorts of other things. I think I currently have every symptom you can have, even the terrible terrible vomiting is back. And I've been trying to finish a project for a not for profit I agreed to about 2 months ago (knowing there wasn't much time) because they had no-one else and it was of real value to the community. Trying to get it finished today.

I have been thinking of you all. Hope you are going well!
I'll try and catch up on news as time goes on.
DD - BF 23 months 4 1/2yrs
DD2 - BFeeding

AussieBritLu
Community Educator

Re: Lots going on

Post by AussieBritLu » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:05 pm

Hugs DigDig!

Sounds like you've been having a right awful time!

Hope things start to look brighter for you soon x
DD1/2011 - FF
DS/2013 - BF 2yr4m. Weaned :-)
DD2/2016 - BF 21mths. Weaned :-/
Storked pseudo, lilypad & Vahvempi. Co-storked with Pelly for Jenbt85!
Storked by Giff for DS & Jenbt85 for DD2.

MamaMagoO?

Post by MamaMagoO? » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:56 am

My goodness. That is a lot going on. Thank you for letting us know what you are up to and don't feel bad that you haven't been around for a while. You know you're always welcome.

Sending lots of love and hugs your way. Looking forward to hearing your good news soon xx
Little Magoo 07/08. Breastfed for 3yrs3mths.
Miss Magoo 10/11. Breastfed for 4yrs3mths.

DigDig

Post by DigDig » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:18 pm

Thanks! Gees I only just saw that I wrote an essay. Didn't realise it was that long when I posted. I would have edited otherwise.
DD2 - BFeeding

Esther

Post by Esther » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:36 pm

Hugs DigDig. No apology necessary. Sometimes it really helps to type it all out!
Esther
DD1 05, DS 08, BB 11, DD2 12
Storked by nat*4
Storked Ellie's Mum, foggylog, jessiemay, Ducks & nat*4

DigDig

Post by DigDig » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:09 pm

Thanks everyone. Wow what an eventful few days. .. dd2 born on Friday.... yay!!!!!! And then found out on Monday that mum has early stages of breast cancer. .... :shock:

We are all suprisingly positive, i think being early stages helps with that (edited)
Last edited by DigDig on Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DD2 - BFeeding

wilfred

Post by wilfred » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:23 pm

Conrgats on the the new bub, and I'm sorry to hear the news about your mum.
Me: 38
DH: 38
DS1: 11.5 bf for 6 weeks
DD1: 8.5 bf for 13 weeks
DS2: 6.5 bf for 26 months
DD2: 4 bf for 3 yrs and 2 weeks

DigDig

Post by DigDig » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:18 pm

Thanks. We will find out more about treatment etc tomorrow. Mum is suprisingly upbeat though not sure if that is just show for me.
DD2 - BFeeding

Jenbt85

Post by Jenbt85 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:25 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your mum. We're listening if you need to share xx
DS - bf 18.5 months (565 days)!
DD - breastfeeding

Storked by the fabulous forumites: AussieBritLu and PellyintheWilderness

Openly storking AussieBritLu

DigDig

Post by DigDig » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:58 pm

Thanks everyone. Given what mum's going through I was going the mods might be able to delete this thread. Thanks.
DD2 - BFeeding