I Give Up

Private Breastfeeding Advocacy discussion area.
The Advocacy topic is for forum members to discuss issues relating to
Breastfeeding Advocacy, such as purpose, strategy, techniques, etc.
Constructive debate is encouraged, but arguments about the relative merits
of Breastmilk and ABM or breastfeeding and bottlefeeding will not be
tolerated. The Australian Breastfeeding Association strives to educate the
community about the importance of human milk and support all mothers in
their feeding choices.

MrsD

I Give Up

Post by MrsD » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:40 pm

Deleted
Last edited by MrsD on Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DD1 - Nov 06 (Breastfed for 2.5 years)
DD2 - Oct 09

cAtdraco

Post by cAtdraco » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:58 pm

Hm. Not a member, so can't see it.

But I know the feeling. It's infuriating and saddening and frustrating all at once.

*hugs*

elvencreature

Post by elvencreature » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:06 pm

On another forum I've taken a few month or two long breaks, and gone back with a completely fresh perspective, only to be told that I was missed while I was gone because there was nobody to give that slightly different perspective.
Maybe they need a break from you to realise how much they miss you, and it definitely sounds like you need a break!

You can decide later whether or not it is worth going back there.

*hugs* It is frustrating, hey!

Autumn is perfect for beautiful babies!

cAtdraco

Post by cAtdraco » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:16 pm

Elvie, I've had that too... but I still don't go back, apart from an occasional skim when I'm really bored.

greenie

Post by greenie » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:41 pm

What a self-absorbed and unfair response you got there MrsD.

She can't use the "we need to support all mothers" statement while she's running down someone who doesn't parent the same way she does :evil:

Definitely take a break and come back to those who appreciate you for a little bit of TLC.
So long everyone! Thanks for everything :-D

MrsD

Post by MrsD » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:18 am

I guess I just assumed people would find the gut closure info and the maturity of the gut an interesting read. I knew nothing about it pre-solids and am really glad I found that info here. Just wanted to share it with others.

I always quote my stuff there and add the web link so they can read it for themselves. It's not like I say you must parent like me. I'm just offering another way of thinking or some new info or reasearch.

They seem quite threatened by someone with a little knowledge that's not straight from the brandname/Nestle book of child raising.

A break is definitely in order. I just can't believe I can be so attacked by name in that thread and nothing is done about it. If it happened here posts would be edited and threads closed.

Thanks for listening to my whinge.
DD1 - Nov 06 (Breastfed for 2.5 years)
DD2 - Oct 09

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:06 am

Even here, some people have found that they need to doubly, triply (not sure that thats a word :? ) disclaim at the start that its anything more than interesting information that they are putting out there. And some people are able to draw the most negative messages from innocent stuff! One forum is more than enough for me, but I do admire those of you who fight the good fight in these apparently hostile environments. Some very vocal members are obviously attacking, but some quieter members or lurkers may still have seen the information, and may have taken it on board.
Carrie
Official Monkey Storker!
(I thought we were hoping for a giraffe?)

eilis

Post by eilis » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:27 am

I know how you feel, I have just removed my membership on a very mainstream forum as I was sick of the attacks and banging my head against a wall.

Glad Anna still posts over there! at least she's getting some BF info over to them.
I posted that article about Dr's losing their skills (it was on JB) and the thread turned into a blame on us as parents and birthing women coz we sue Dr's too much :?
"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance” Socrates
Mama to 4

charndra1

Post by charndra1 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:02 am

I think that is why so many parents I know simply never go to those places.

It seems strange to us that information not fitting one's view of the word is so badly attacked. Not everyone would be so horrified about learning new stuff - I like to, especially if it is RIGHT!!!
Last edited by charndra1 on Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Little Tiggermum
Site Admin

Post by Little Tiggermum » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:03 am

My SIL's favourite quote for a while was something along the lines of new information has to go through stages before its accepted, one being ridicule. I think thats where your info may be at with this one person ( it sounds like) I agree with others, that your info ( with its links) is accesible to be read by all and accepted by the silent majority.

Take a break by all means, and remember that you are improving your skills by continually learning and sharing, and proving your worth as a valuble member of our society. We love ya!!!

and that great avatar you have :wink:
DD#1 Boozo 15
DD#2 Puddins 12
DS Emperor Bulldog 9
DS2 Pumba 4
Can't get to a breastfeeding support group? http://mumsright.libsyn.com