Welcome to new advocates.

Private Breastfeeding Advocacy discussion area.
The Advocacy topic is for forum members to discuss issues relating to
Breastfeeding Advocacy, such as purpose, strategy, techniques, etc.
Constructive debate is encouraged, but arguments about the relative merits
of Breastmilk and ABM or breastfeeding and bottlefeeding will not be
tolerated. The Australian Breastfeeding Association strives to educate the
community about the importance of human milk and support all mothers in
their feeding choices.

Andrew's Mum
Site Admin

Post by Andrew's Mum » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:11 pm

If it's easy for a lazy person with limited time to do, I could give it a go... not sure what it involves.

That's the beauty of modding. You just mod when you can hop on. we have some mods who are here frequently (Carrie, Barb , Myrna and Coran), some of us who tend to hop on frequently but quietly (shhh don't tell anyone) and some who can only hop on infrequently. But any post where you can check for guideline infringements is one less for the rest of us to do :)

It's a nice job generally. If you're interested send a pm or email to Jenny, Susannah or Carrie who are our admin people.

Cheers

coran
Community Educator

Post by coran » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:45 pm

It most frequently involves removing brand names from posts, sometimes involves removing threads from public view if they become heated, and very occasionally involves barking at people who can't play nicely.
ABA Community Educator, Father of 4.
If you like what we do please consider subscribing and help us keep doing it

Barbie

Post by Barbie » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:48 am

coran wrote:It most frequently involves removing brand names from posts, sometimes involves removing threads from public view if they become heated, and very occasionally involves barking at people who can't play nicely.
hehe Coran has a mean Bark!!! :-D :-D :-D

Cupcake
Counsellor

Post by Cupcake » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:40 am

Its because its a yummy looking up cake I can't eat
Ah... I see your point la_le ... I never met a cupcake I didn't feel like eating! If I can beat my toddler to it, that is. :-D
Two beautiful boys, Feb 06 & July 08

coran
Community Educator

Post by coran » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:44 pm

Barbie wrote:
coran wrote:It most frequently involves removing brand names from posts, sometimes involves removing threads from public view if they become heated, and very occasionally involves barking at people who can't play nicely.
It sounds awful and I really, really wish I didn't have to, but I'd rather remind people to play nicely than to keep parking every thread that might ever seem offensive to anyone.
ABA Community Educator, Father of 4.
If you like what we do please consider subscribing and help us keep doing it

Barbie

Post by Barbie » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:09 pm

coran wrote:
Barbie wrote:
It sounds awful and I really, really wish I didn't have to, but I'd rather remind people to play nicely than to keep parking every thread that might ever seem offensive to anyone.
I completely agree with you! You do it in a much dignified and diplomatic way then I ever would. Much more patient.

bronnypigz

Post by bronnypigz » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:52 am

Thanks for the invite Carrie!

Hello Everyone. I'm Bronny (26) and I have a daughter who is 11 months. (Family details in the siggy)

I've been bugging my group leader about becomming an counsellor for the past 5 months. lol She's trying to find the paperwork and said that she will get back to me this week. (Or I'll be chasing her up again at the Feb meeting! lol)

I seem to be the only one of my friends who still breastfeed. So my friends are used to me going on and on about how wonderful it is and my view on it and baby friendly places. (Seems to be a passion lately!) Though they mostly don't agree with me. lol
Bronny ~ 26 (Trainee BC and Single mum)
Josephine (DD1) ~ (Born sleeping) 7~12~2005

Bec Mc

Post by Bec Mc » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:44 pm

Hi all. I look forward to chatting to you all in this group.
Thanks for the invite to join Carrie.
DS 7 (breastfed for 18 months)
DD 5 (breastfed for 30 months)
DS 2 (breastfed for 21 months)

ella

Post by ella » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:14 pm

Welcome everyone!!!

(sorry for the delayed welcome!)

It's very nice to have so many wise lovlies in here! :-D

Eloise x
R 28/9/06 A 29/12/09

"The time in your arms, at your breast and in your bed is such a relatively short time, but your message of love and availability will last a lifetime"
Dr William Sears

mo3

Post by mo3 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:43 pm

Carrie, thanks for the invitation. And hello everyone!!

MO3 stands for Mother Of 3 - very technical I know.

My name is Pip and I'm a group helper for Caulfield Group. I do Admin, Treasurer, Database, Raffle, New member welcomes.....ummmmm and that's about it for now. I am NOT going to become a BC as I know that is NOT where my talents lie. If I took a time as GL, the poor group would be run into the ground... so there, I said it: I am not and will not be doing BC training. :lol: I help in other ways.

I'm a SAHM, to Daisy, 8; Charlotte, 5 and Jack, 12 months. My DH is Andrew and he's a closet ABAer. He reports on his work mates' wives..... whether they've given BFing a red-hot go or not. :oops: :oops: I've created a monster. :lol:

Having weaned myself off this and other forums, it'll be interesting to see if I become hopelessly addicted again - having been allowed access into the Secret Chamber.
Mum of DD8, DD5 (BC births) and DS 1:born into my hands at home

four&out

Post by four&out » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:43 pm

Welcome mo3 to "the secret chamber" lol

Andrew's Mum
Site Admin

Post by Andrew's Mum » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:58 pm

As long as it's not "the chamber of secrets", although sometimes I do think that we're fighting a basilisk of misinformation!

Welcome Mo3. Hope that we don't readdict you too much but that you can still join us! :D

nilmerg

Post by nilmerg » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:56 am

Hi all, and thanks for the invite Carrie.

I'm Elaine and I'm a 28 year old mother of Abigail and Married to Dave. I grew up in Scotland and have now lived in Australia for 3 years (Dave is Aussie - he came traveling to the UK and found me and brought me back!) Plan to live here indefinitely, but may move back to the UK at some point, but given the poor BF rates in the UK, I think I could be promoting BF just as much over there! ATM, I'm enjoying the fact that living in country NSW means that we can afford for me to be a SAHM! YEA. I belong to the controversial Tumut and District ABA group who have no trained councilors and whose members just found themselves to be winners of the $15,000 shopping spree from the ABA raffle!

I have a degree in Archaeology, nearly as bizarre as opera singing cAt! But in Australia it really is a career in Ruins! I have been considering training to be a councilor, but am enjoying not studying at the moment. I think I'm going to have to retrain for a new career anyway, so am planning to put off studying for a year or two. Maybe lactation consultant could be a possibility!? Or maybe I will stick with the boring but profitable profession of Accountant?!

Looking forward to our secret squirrel conversations where we don't have to be so pro ABM and am really excited to get involved in some really advocacy issues. And as much as I enjoy the main forums, it is obvious that the same discussions get recycled every 3 months or so, so it will be nice to have some fresh meat!