So...........

Stressed….depressed or just feeling emotionally isolated and in need of a chat? Sometimes the labels don’t fit but the emotional baggage we carry is the same…….if your life isn’t all beautiful like the nappy ads would have us believe, feel free to have a chat here. It’s important to have somewhere safe where you can be yourself and talk about the things that REALLY matter.

pmmarshall

So...........

Post by pmmarshall » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:28 pm

About 7 1/2 weeks ago I overdosed on my antidepressants....silly move, regret it but am happy to move on and get things sorted in my life.

I have also found out that I am 8 weeks pregnant, HCG levels are high so they are thinking twins even though only one baby was seen at scan (they could not get a good view behind baby).

Obviously because of the OD my meds were initially cut off for two weeks and now I am on a third of my initial dose.
I don't like talking to the people at hospital, it feels like they are judging me (have already said that my baby will be affected by the meds when it is born, despite that fact that my last 4 children have been fine while I have been on the meds etc during pregnancy)

I don't know what I am looking for here, maybe just a vent. I just want to get back to normalcy. Enjoy the pregnancy like I want to and make my own decisions without someone always questioning my actions..........
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Loving Mother of Kayla, Dylan, Jada, Chelsea, Ashlee and Corey

s squirrel

Post by s squirrel » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:37 pm

Congratulations(!!) on your BFP :-D
Sorry, you were in a dark place, no great pearls of wisdom from me - I seem to have hit a bit of a flat spot myself :?
Huge big hugs, and big fat raspberries to anybody that puts you down :evil:
Lots of forum love and hugs
Ralph
Xoxox
If you can't fly, then run,
if you can't run, then walk,
if you can't walk, then crawl,
but whatever you do you have to keep moving
forward.... – MLK

breastfeedingisnormal
Counsellor

Post by breastfeedingisnormal » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:53 pm

Congratulations on your newest addition. Don't beat yourself up about the meds. The risk of Mummy *not* taking them while pregnant are way way higher than any risks associated with Mummy taking them. Therefore a good, responsible Mum would choose to take the drugs and be well.
Also, it might help with the not beating yourself up thing to know that if you are now 8 weeks pregnant, you only conceived 6 weeks ago. Therefore your OD took place at least 10 days *before* the conception. (Because #weeks pregnant is calculated from LMP. LMP is 2 weeks before ovulation. Conception can only happen in the 24 hours after ovulation.)
ETA: Be firm with the hospital people. Let them know they can't guilt you or push you around. Start with, "I asked you for information, not judgement. I felt judged when you said, 'Whatever she said' because it implies that a good mother would/would not whatever she said. Was that your intention?" This will be followed by a quick back down or further justification. In the case of further justification, ask to see the Nurse Unit Manager and explain that you'd like to be cared for by someone who is not so triggered by the issues you want to discuss.
Breastfeeding Counsellor
Cert IV BE (Community & Counselling)
Cert IV TAA
PhD
Mum 2 J18 N15 E13

Baby Blue Eyes

Post by Baby Blue Eyes » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:59 pm

just wanted to give you a big congratulations on your BFP what wonderful news
DS1 - b/f 4 yrs
DS2 - b/f 3yrs 11mths
DS3 - B/F 4yrs 10 mths

geek anachronism

Post by geek anachronism » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:38 pm

Given the half a week difference, wouldn't the embryo still have been floating about and not implanted?

I copped that judgement from my brother-in-law after my little girl had an overian cyst. The research isn't nearly as cut and dried as judgemental jerks want it to be.
Married to The Marital Unit, birthed The Child 10 June 2009.

mooki
Site Admin

Post by mooki » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:22 pm

congrats on your pregnancy, how exciting.

I think what BiN suggested is a good idea. You have every right to feel safe and trust your care providers.

Esther

Post by Esther » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:56 pm

Congrats and hugs.
Esther
DD1 05, DS 08, BB 11, DD2 12
Storked by nat*4
Storked Ellie's Mum, foggylog, jessiemay, Ducks & nat*4

fellare

Post by fellare » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:23 pm

hugs. I'm glad you're still here for your kids!

As for the twin idea. I want to share my story.

I knew from the start I had a twin, but only one bub showed up on the scans. I even made them check at the 34 week scan I had! I just knew it.

well, when I saw the placenta, there was certainly a twin. Two placentas, one very undeveloped baby. I think this is quite common, but women areen't told. I wasn't, it wasn;t until Iinspected the placenta that I knew.

not saying this to scare you,
but it might explain a lot of what is happening
Boobymonster weaned at 3.5yrs.
Ms Firestorm born august 2015
Whatever you perceive to believe, dream.... be free.... (eMDee)

JMc

Post by JMc » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:16 am

Congratulations and hugs! I like what BiN has written too.
DD - November 2009 (Breastfed 19 months)
DS1 - August 2011 (Breastfed 2 years and 8 months)
DS2 - November 2014 (Breastfeeding happily)