More babies?

Stressed….depressed or just feeling emotionally isolated and in need of a chat? Sometimes the labels don’t fit but the emotional baggage we carry is the same…….if your life isn’t all beautiful like the nappy ads would have us believe, feel free to have a chat here. It’s important to have somewhere safe where you can be yourself and talk about the things that REALLY matter.

Karen81

More babies?

Post by Karen81 » Tue May 15, 2012 2:44 pm

Hi lovely ladies

Just wondering who out there has suffered with PND/anxiety and gone on to have more babies knowing that you fall back into the ugly black hole?

DD2 is only 10 weeks old but I already kinda feel like I'm not done. I know it's really early to be thinking about another baby and it certainly wouldn't happen for another couple of years but I wonder if I have the guts to do it again given what I've been through and what I've still got to sort out. I know I certainly wouldn't even consider it until I've worked through what I need to with the psych.

For those of you who have done it, what strategies did you have in place to try and prevent yourself from slipping into depression/anxiety again? Did those strategies work for you?

Esther

Post by Esther » Tue May 15, 2012 3:44 pm

*Puts hand up*

I have been having pretty much weekly acupuncture for this pregnancy and I think it has really helped me. I feel in a different place from how was feeling before DS was born. OK, still scared, but somehow the sleep deprivation hasn't had the same negative effect this time. I'll definitely be heading back for more acupuncture if I feel things are spiralling after The Bump finally gets here. I haven't taken my AD since umm, I can't remember....It was a really slow weaning process too - over months.

I'd also like to look at things like omega3s this time and other things I've learnt about in the last 4 years.

But yes, I still remember that I would surprise myself with that urge for another. I think it was particularly strong after the MC. Made me realise that I had really, really wanted another child...

Sorry, that's probably just rambling from me, but I think I put a strategy in there somewhere LOL.

Hugs, I hope you can find your way to making a decision that works for you and your family.
Esther
DD1 05, DS 08, BB 11, DD2 12
Storked by nat*4
Storked Ellie's Mum, foggylog, jessiemay, Ducks & nat*4

fellare

Post by fellare » Tue May 15, 2012 6:52 pm

yes, depression sucks, but I've had issues my whole life so I expected shit to surface after birth. But yes, I want 2 dozen of them if I could.
Boobymonster weaned at 3.5yrs.
Ms Firestorm born august 2015
Whatever you perceive to believe, dream.... be free.... (eMDee)

mooki
Site Admin

Post by mooki » Tue May 15, 2012 7:16 pm

sending you massive hugs as I have no advice, but wanted to say what do tyou mean by 'ónly 10 weeks old' didnt you just have her last week, coz it seems like it :shock:

s squirrel

Post by s squirrel » Tue May 15, 2012 7:18 pm

Kind of different, but kind of the same....
Not PND, but HG - knowing that I'm pretty much guaranteed to be that sick again for a whole other pregnancy :cry:
It took me at least 2 years after DD to get my head around, and then when I fell PG with DS, I thought my god what have I done :shock: but knowing just how sick I was going to be, and that I'd done it before and survived actually helped a lot.
I had a pretty good idea what was coming, what to expect and how I could deal with it!

I remember telling barbie she was mad, having three kids when she got HG, but that was before DS, and now after DD and DS, I do want another baby 8) :shock: :lol: even though I know the physical and mental hell I'll have to go though to get that baby earthside - also the financial side, the meds I was on are horrendously expensive :shock:

Huge huge hugs
Xoxox
If you can't fly, then run,
if you can't run, then walk,
if you can't walk, then crawl,
but whatever you do you have to keep moving
forward.... – MLK

Karen81

Post by Karen81 » Tue May 15, 2012 8:29 pm

Mooki - I KNOW! Can you believe it. She doesn't feel like she's 10 weeks either. She's so much more of a little newborn than DD1 was. She feels tiny, snuggles more and isn't as alert and out there. So it really, really doesn't feel like she's 10 weeks.

SS - that's kinda what I think too. I've done it twice and got through it. I remind myself even now that I'm through the worst (I hope).

Thanks for the replies everyone :) As I said it's a long way off but I'm surprised that the urge is even there yet. Took me years to think about it again with DD1.