When missing a dose makes that much difference...

Stressed….depressed or just feeling emotionally isolated and in need of a chat? Sometimes the labels don’t fit but the emotional baggage we carry is the same…….if your life isn’t all beautiful like the nappy ads would have us believe, feel free to have a chat here. It’s important to have somewhere safe where you can be yourself and talk about the things that REALLY matter.

Bailey's Mum
Counsellor

When missing a dose makes that much difference...

Post by Bailey's Mum » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:04 pm

... I guess I still need the meds.

Missed a dose yesterday. Didn't realise it until this morning, when I was most confused to see a capsule in the slot marked "Friday." But last night, I was worse than I usually am on no sleep, and now I'm really feeling it - struggling almost as much as the day I got a phone call just in time.

I even remember taking my other meds yesterday - I usually take my vitamins and AD after breakfast, but because DS4 was fasting, I took them with my pre-breakfast meds. I got the ADs down from their hidey hole, but mustn't have actually had the tablet before I packed them to go to hospital. That's what getting up at 5am does :wink:

I know I've been through an emotional couple of days, but I'm feeling ridiculously miserable and edgy, can't sit still and focus on a task (this is my 3rd attempt at this post), have a bad case of the "CBF's" and just feel totally blah. And I'm too grumpy to put up with the other depressed person's carry on.

Guess I won't be going to the dr anytime soon to discuss a med review. :?

Oh well, off to find something to laugh about before I end up in the corner...
DS1 born sleeping
DS2 BF 2y2m (using supply line)
DS3 BF 2y2m2w2d (because we like patterns - 9 months with SNS)
DS4 BF 3y10m3w4d (8 months with SNS)

mooki
Site Admin

Post by mooki » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:05 pm

#@!#!#!kiss on cheek !@~@~!group hug

Ms Dee

Post by Ms Dee » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:26 pm

Well I'm sorry to hear you have been feeling crap.

I'd be the same, I need the meds at the moment but I figure at least I know I need medication, unlike plenty of other people walking around!
DS1 - 1st Feb 2009, BF'd 14.5 months
DS2 - currently breastfeeding...

Nedsmum

Post by Nedsmum » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:36 pm

Most of those meds have pretty sharp withdrawals - so if you are going to wean off, you do it slowly - so maybe don't take it so 'personally' - you might be doing absolutely great with the meds, but the meds will send you on a fast spiral down if you stop taking them...

better do it slowly, and definitely don't skip any to 'test' anything...
Breastmilk - the ultimate 'brain food'!!!

Mummy woo!
Site Admin

Post by Mummy woo! » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:33 pm

Oh poo - sorry to hear you are feeling so rotten.

Please go easy on yourself - if you had diabetes you wouldn't expect to feel fine if you skipped your insulin. Hopefully getting back on your meds will help quickly.
It's OK Pluto, I'm not a planet either

Andypandy

Post by Andypandy » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:56 pm

Mummy woo! wrote:Oh poo - sorry to hear you are feeling so rotten.

Please go easy on yourself - if you had diabetes you wouldn't expect to feel fine if you skipped your insulin. Hopefully getting back on your meds will help quickly.
This. I hope you feel better soon.
DS1: May 09 Breastfed 2y7m
DS2: Oct 2012 Breastfed 2y1m I am pretending he is weaned
DD: Feb 2015

Esther

Post by Esther » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:17 am

Hugs BM. I accidentally skipped a day with mine here and there and always felt most interesting :shock:

HOpe you're back on an even keel soon. How's DS4 going? I'm sure you've updated us somewhere, off to look !@!@!dog
Esther
DD1 05, DS 08, BB 11, DD2 12
Storked by nat*4
Storked Ellie's Mum, foggylog, jessiemay, Ducks & nat*4

New Hope

Post by New Hope » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:39 am

Big hugs.

3 Little Woody's

Post by 3 Little Woody's » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:55 am

!@~@~!group hug !@~@~!group hug !@~@~!group hug

Karleen

Post by Karleen » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:15 pm

It might not be that the medication is necessary but that the body is habituated (ie addicted) to the drug and so if a dose is missed there is an corresponding response (ie withdrawal). Psych meds should be stopped very very slowly, slowly. Many people stop abruptly and think that the feelings and physical sensations that they experience mean that they require the drug to deal with an underlying problem. Not necessarily so but unfortunately many (most??) drs know very little about how to come off psych drugs (and very many know little about going on them....out of curiousity, did anyone here have a doctor tell them that they were depressed because they had a chemical imbalance in their brain?)
Karleen