What a difference

Stressed….depressed or just feeling emotionally isolated and in need of a chat? Sometimes the labels don’t fit but the emotional baggage we carry is the same…….if your life isn’t all beautiful like the nappy ads would have us believe, feel free to have a chat here. It’s important to have somewhere safe where you can be yourself and talk about the things that REALLY matter.

Boo's mummy

What a difference

Post by Boo's mummy » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:37 pm

WOW, what a difference a few weeks on my Anti-D's is making, I had them for a month before getting the courage up to actually take them. Hardly any anxiety attacks about being a bad mum or that something will go wrong, I am calmer & more focused, and the biggy- I ACTUALLY WANT to do stuff instead of procrastinating.

I still have moments where I am down & dont want to deal with life, but its not an all day, everyday thing. I am also having less negative thoughts. I am still having the occasional burst of short temper, but I am able to control my temper better.

I still dont want to take them, but see they are helping & its a good thing that I am on them, now just to get over PND & off Anti-D's.

I am so glad that I am able to actually say that I feel like a good mummy and a good person, and that I believe it is true. It has been so long since I have felt this way. I just hope I can beat PND and be free of Anti-D's and the deamons I am batiling soon. I want my old life back (pre PND, NOT pre Kaitilyn- please no one thing that I wish I didnt have my earth Angel).

I just wanted to post and update on me. I havent been able to get on the computer much to visit the forum, so have missed alot of posts and havent had the chance to update everyone on myself.
Me 23 (24 in july) DF 35 (36 in july)
DSD pre-teen, high-schooler
DD born March 2010, still breastfeeding STRONGLY.

mooki
Site Admin

Post by mooki » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:49 pm

thats great!
:smt058

Esther

Post by Esther » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:48 am

Wonderful to hear you so happy :D
Esther
DD1 05, DS 08, BB 11, DD2 12
Storked by nat*4
Storked Ellie's Mum, foggylog, jessiemay, Ducks & nat*4

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:12 am

I understand completely what you are feeling. I don't have PND- I'm more a long termer but last year when I first went on them the relief is immense and you realise how bad you really were before.

Enjoy the break, work on looking after yourself and don't worry about the future for now. Just get on with life. XX
My girls...DD1 - 8 (bf for 17 months)
DD2 - 4 (bf for 24 months)
My DH 43 yrs, married 8 yrs to myself 32 yrs!!

Formerly MargueriteR